Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "here are my spec's, can i run dolphin" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
ive hunted all over the place for ONE place that answers this question, but only found a bunch of threads on each system, so the title for this thread is a hopeful prayer that this thread gets used for these types of questions!

on to me....

Here are my specs!(banner is a linky!)Tongue

[Image: 1441193.png]

now, can i run dolphin?Huh
Answer: No , sorry Sad

it seems your trying to run dolphin on laptop with a really not so good specs
well i was hoping....and as for my spec's being crap, it depends on your point of view. for a 6 year old laptop they are decent. grant you i cant play any new games on it, but i dont have much use for any thing new.
not really and maybe not even gamecube games
actually i wasnt talking about dolphin, i was thinking like crysis or L4D....something along them lines.

and b4 you state my specs are crap, i don't have $1000 to piss away on a new comp just for gaming purposes, in fact i don't even have $5 to do that with! i would love to get my hands on a multicore processor w/ mobo , ram, and such, but i have to do with what i have.
nope, not at all

playing a high end game like crysis could kill your computer
(10-21-2010, 11:23 AM)alysher Wrote: [ -> ]actually i wasnt talking about dolphin, i was thinking like crysis or L4D....something along them lines.

and b4 you state my specs are crap, i don't have $1000 to piss away on a new comp just for gaming purposes, in fact i don't even have $5 to do that with! i would love to get my hands on a multicore processor w/ mobo , ram, and such, but i have to do with what i have.

You could build a new computer that would be much more powerful than what you have now for around $250 - seriously - and that's everything - mainboard, CPU ( dual core ), GPU, and RAM.
(10-21-2010, 01:06 PM)MFZ Wrote: [ -> ]You could build a new computer that would be much more powerful than what you have now for around $250 - seriously - and that's everything - mainboard, CPU ( dual core ), GPU, and RAM.

True, but i still need the money for that!
alright then. Config a pc from newegg, dc or something for around 250. I'm thinking the minimum for all new parts would be $400. On an old p4 2.8ghz and a radeon 9600, I can play nsmbw at 15fps. I'm pretty sure this might pull off 25.
(10-21-2010, 01:32 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]alright then. Config a pc from newegg, dc or something for around 250. I'm thinking the minimum for all new parts would be $400. On an old p4 2.8ghz and a radeon 9600, I can play nsmbw at 15fps. I'm pretty sure this might pull off 25.

A power supply would be like 40 bucks if you need one.. I just threw that together without much thought, so you could probably put something together even cheaper.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5