Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Perpetual "here are my spec's, can i run dolphin" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i think i could make a computer for around 150 bucks
using refurbished and open box parts.
(10-21-2010, 02:11 PM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]i think i could make a computer for around 150 bucks
using refurbished and open box parts.

every body is missing something here.....OS!
Grant you Linux is free, but most games dont run on it, and a basic version of win7 is 150, so unless you happen to have a copy to switch from one computer to another(prebuilts dont count, most of them have the keys dependant on the motherboard) you need to add the cost of the os as well
you can get a free trial of win7 for microsoft website
about prebuilts, the a program called nlite or vlite ( depend os you have that came with your computer ) that could create a windows 7 disc without the computer companies bloatware and stuff. this program is pretty good if you have os disk for hp , dell , gateway , etc computer and to create OS disk that will work with any computer
@mfz, you're still missing hdd, case, psu, which will put it in the 400 category.
(10-21-2010, 03:08 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]@mfz, you're still missing hdd, case, psu, which will put it in the 400 category.

You're right. I tend to think for myself when I talk about things like this and I usually don't buy a new case and HDD when I upgrade, so yea.. but you're right.. Still, my point is that it doesn't cost a grand to make a nice gaming computer these days.
seriously i think i could make gaming computer for around 150 dollars
using refurbished and open box parts
You're a funny guy.
(10-22-2010, 06:06 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]You're a funny guy.

im not being funny.. my first gaming computer was made from open box and refurbished parts from my favorite website and a near total cost was 216 dollars.

plays crysis on high settings
and even play some games in dolphin @ 60fps
specs please. Used parts are doable, but not playing crysis @ high anywhere near "smooth."
I highly doubt you could get refurbished parts at that price anyways.
Pentium 4 631 3.4 oc to 4.2 with corsair hydro h50 all in one water cooling system
4 gb of ddr 400 ram
500gb seagate hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gb video card
Lg dvd writer and a cheap $25 dollar with 500 watt
power supply
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5