Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] SONIC The Hedgehog 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SONIC The Hedgehog 4 -Episode 1- (U)

[Image: Sonic-the-Hedgehog-4-Ep1_dl_Wii-Shopboxart_160w.jpg]

About
(wikipedia)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ) is an episodic platform video game as part of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The game was developed by Dimps alongside members of Sonic Team and is intended to be a return to the roots of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. As such, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 is a 2D side-scroller using sprites that are pre-rendered from 3D character models.
The game was released in October 2010 with slight variations in exact date and price amongst its four platforms, iOS, PlayStation Network, WiiWare, and Xbox Live Arcade.
The game is a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer reminiscent of the original Sonic games, particularly Sonic CD. Players will control Sonic the Hedgehog, using mechanics such as the original spin dash and power-ups including Speed Shoes, alongside the homing attack, seen in 3D Sonic games. Players will be able to use online leaderboards to compare level completion times and high scores.

Current Emulation Status (SVN R 6281)

No graphical or sound glitches, perfect emulation.

Current Optimal Settings
OpenGL
Internal resolution Auto(integral)
EFB Copy to GL Texture
EFB Scaled Copy
Disable Fog
Enable Pixel Lighting

-For low end Dualcore users;
The best improvement was found using AMD Fusion's game profile to optimize the CPU performance before playing, the slowdowns were reduced tremendously leaving the game running at native speed.

Screenshots
1440x900 - Internal Resolution: "Auto Integral"
Open GL
[Image: bXpgQs.jpg][Image: SyGcds.jpg][Image: dfKIOs.jpg]
[Image: kWrLrs.jpg][Image: vpYpts.jpg][Image: AHZ8Ts.jpg]

PC Specs
Windows 7 x64
AMDx2 64 +5200 @2.7Ghz
GeForce 9800GT
2GB RAM DDR2
I've got a Core i5 @ 3.20GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 and it runs perfectly with no slowdowns at 1920x1080 resolution.
i got a quad core at 2.33 and the game runs perfectly until the last zone, it runs very slow, is there any way to improve speed on that zone?
Just a heads up that if you want to play this game, you should definitely update your build to at least R6269.
It addresses the error that prevents you from using emulated controls, prior to R6269, it was only possible to play Sonic 4 using a real wiimote.

This game is so light on resources that I can comfortably screen-capture it at a high framerate.
[Image: M6OuR.gif]
@ leox001: Considering how much Dolphin has evolved since 2.0 you might want to use a recent revision...download here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 [Wiiware] on Dolphin v2.0 - Nintendo Wii Emulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQntPxxtrKw

jax32

As soon as i load the wad i get a wiimote 1 has been disconnected message over and over and over. Choosing automatically reconnect gets rid of the message obviously but then i cant control anything. I have yet to see the title screen Sad
(10-13-2010, 05:24 AM)jax32 Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as i load the wad i get a wiimote 1 has been disconnected message over and over and over. Choosing automatically reconnect gets rid of the message obviously but then i cant control anything. I have yet to see the title screen Sad

Use latest version and new wiimote plugin.
(10-13-2010, 05:35 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='jax32' pid='116265' dateline='1286911444']
As soon as i load the wad i get a wiimote 1 has been disconnected message over and over and over. Choosing automatically reconnect gets rid of the message obviously but then i cant control anything. I have yet to see the title screen Sad

try use new wiimote plugin, it works

I wouldn't say it's perfectly emulated because there are a couple of areas with huge slow downs, like in zone 4 act 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7