Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] SONIC The Hedgehog 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
First-timer dolphin user here and impressed so far. Using build #6286 x64 on a 2.66GHz core i5, 4Gb DDR3 RAM and 512Mb ATI HD4850. Running many games mostly flawlessly.

However, in sonic 4, the emulator crashes on zone 3-2 just when I'm about to hop on a mine-cart... 3-3 works fine but I can't access any acts of level 4. The emulator crashes all the same.

It seems I am the only one getting this... any suggestions?
(10-21-2010, 02:23 PM)pablosotomayor Wrote: [ -> ]First-timer dolphin user here and impressed so far. Using build #6286 x64 on a 2.66GHz core i5, 4Gb DDR3 RAM and 512Mb ATI HD4850. Running many games mostly flawlessly.

However, in sonic 4, the emulator crashes on zone 3-2 just when I'm about to hop on a mine-cart... 3-3 works fine but I can't access any acts of level 4. The emulator crashes all the same.

I had the exact same problem. For some reason, the fact that I was compiling the emulator myself was causing the crashes. I downloaded a binary from here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html and it's been working perfectly.
(10-21-2010, 02:27 PM)nimbulan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2010, 02:23 PM)pablosotomayor Wrote: [ -> ]First-timer dolphin user here and impressed so far. Using build #6286 x64 on a 2.66GHz core i5, 4Gb DDR3 RAM and 512Mb ATI HD4850. Running many games mostly flawlessly.

I had the exact same problem. For some reason, the fact that I was compiling the emulator myself was causing the crashes. I downloaded a binary from here: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html and it's been working perfectly.

I forgot to mention I'm running on mac os x... too bad there is no official build for it yet. I compiled it myself.
I was looking through the bug list on the Google Code site yesterday and saw two separate bug reports about the same issue (one for the mine cart and one for trying to enter Mad Gears but it's the same problem). One report was for Mac and one for Linux. I am baffled why compiling yourself would be causing these problems for some people.

Hyperspeeder

Maybe its because of my settings but I've noticed that sometimes 1 of the rings would be yellow instead of gold in colour.

[Image: wsne8p2.th.jpg]

for those who like sonic 4, just saw a nice fan made game here:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=19981

check it out, and have fun Smile

Ploop

Please, how do I set controls? I play on the keyboard and when I press 'down' Sonic goes right; when I press up it goes left; when I press left it goes down and so on.

How do I set it right?!!
(10-28-2010, 06:40 PM)Ploop Wrote: [ -> ]Please, how do I set controls? I play on the keyboard and when I press 'down' Sonic goes right; when I press up it goes left; when I press left it goes down and so on.

How do I set it right?!!

[Image: WiiMote.jpg]

in this game you grab your wiimote on horizontal position instead of vertical.

by now I guess you got the point

Ploop

So does that mean I have to rotate my keyboard to get it straight?

Can't I somehow set in in here?
[Image: spao0x.png]
...... come on..... just tick sideways wiimote........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7