Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] SONIC The Hedgehog 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've using Rv6228 and it doesn't get no further than the screen "Hold the remote horizontally"

Any advice?

Win 7 X64
Q6600 : 3.4Ghz
ATI 4850 1GB
4GB Ram.

I'll try the latest revision.
To fix the "Hold the remote horizontally" problem, use Dolphin r6270 or newer.
actually you can use 6269 or newer, but the slowdowns are still not fixed no matter what version you use
(10-14-2010, 12:39 AM)ahmadmud Wrote: [ -> ]actually you can use 6269 or newer, but the slowdowns are still not fixed no matter what version you use

disable the "wiimote Vibration" or maybe is the emulator making "cache" of the game, the next time you play it it will not have the slowdowns...i think!
So, absolutely no hope on running this at speeds exceeding 22 fps on a single-core Pentium 4? I also have 2gb ram and an 8500gt, but I doubt that'll help much.

Incidentally, I just found out that my processor carries the EM64T instruction set. Simply put, it's 64-bit. Can I run a 64-bit app in a 32-bit OS? I'm assuming no.
(10-14-2010, 02:14 AM)Aerosol Wrote: [ -> ]So, absolutely no hope on running this at speeds exceeding 22 fps on a single-core Pentium 4? I also have 2gb ram and an 8500gt, but I doubt that'll help much.
That's kind of low for gaming these days, the GFX does not matter as much as the CPU for this emulator though. Consider getting a Quad Core CPU, or at least a Dual Core (which is still low for today's standards).

(10-14-2010, 02:14 AM)Aerosol Wrote: [ -> ]Incidentally, I just found out that my processor carries the EM64T instruction set. Simply put, it's 64-bit. Can I run a 64-bit app in a 32-bit OS? I'm assuming no.

I am pretty sure that Dolphin x64 performs better than x86. But you can't run a x64 application in a 32-bit OS!
I didn't build this computer. My mother insisted she buy it prebuilt. "It's simpler this way" she says. I'd also like to simply kick her down some stairs *shot*.

Still, dual-core is considered low by today's standards? That's saying something. I've already built my new pc on newegg, just need to save up to buy the parts and build it. I plopped in a dual-core processor, thinking I was getting the happy medium of cutting edge processing power and budgeting smarts. You're telling me I'm wrong? Oy-vey.
Absolutely no slowdowns or blips whatsoever at any point in the game. Running an AMD 965 Phenom II x4 @ 3.9Ghz with 8GB of RAM DDR3 at 1033Mhz and a Radeon 4870 1GB DDR5.
(10-14-2010, 12:45 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2010, 12:39 AM)ahmadmud Wrote: [ -> ]actually you can use 6269 or newer, but the slowdowns are still not fixed no matter what version you use

disable the "wiimote Vibration" or maybe is the emulator making "cache" of the game, the next time you play it it will not have the slowdowns...i think!

so how do I disable "cache" or wiimote vibration?
Any way to use analog stick on 360 pad instead of Dpad? Cant get it working.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7