Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Many questions about graphics card and etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

I've made a few games playable with abnormal speeds using Dolphin SVN R 5423M. While playing in these abnormal speeds, I thought to myself 'will this harm my computer because sometimes the speed jumps from 950% to 48%? It makes me wonder is this unstable for my computer? Don't get me wrong, I love Dolphin. <3

[attachment=4142]
Speed goes upto 950%... O_O

[attachment=4143]
Speed drops all the way down to 46%. When many seeing many graphical stuff. Also the speed vary between background changes.

Also, I cannot play on the newer versions of Dolphin due to crashes and major slowdowns. Also, I can't seem to play with OpenGL in my dolphin emulator. I saw that this would be the better option over Direct3D9 because its faster.

My 2nd question is; I have an Intel graphics card is it possible for me to upgrade to a Nvidia or ATI Radeon? If I can which is better of the two? And if not, is there a BEST configuration/setting for my Dolphin emulator?

My System Specs are: it's a Quad Core and a desktop computer.
HP Computer
Windows 7 x64
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
RAM 6.00GB

But for some reason when I check CPU ID for info it gives me;
[attachment=4144]
Is my Core speed supposed to be that slow? Could it be that I have like 400gb worth of files that could cause the slowdown?
[attachment=4148]
[attachment=4147]

I defragged my computer with Smart Defrag and Advanced System Care, scanned my computer with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. There aren't picking up any viruses or spyware. My internet security subscription is about to expire. I was wondering should I change my security if so, what do you recommend?

***NEW Edit: I found this 3D Analyze program which emulates any graphics card but I can't get it to work for the Dolphin emulator, any ideas on how to get it to work?

I'm sorry if this post was already answered. I think I provided enough information for almost everyone to see what's should be fixed and changed. Please respond to this thread. Sorry, I made it a bit long. Thank you and take care.
IT SAYS U HAVE 16 CORES!!!!!!!!!
To the thread starter: Your CPU is not a Quad core. It is a dual core.
The problem is the GPU
Quote:I have an Intel graphics card is it possible for me to upgrade to a Nvidia or ATI Radeon?
You are using a laptop with integrated intel graphics chip instead of a real video card, so it will be slow in graphically heavy games.
And no, it cannot be replaced (or will be very difficult)

Also, the processor lowers it's multiplier while idle to conserve power. So that's not an error, it will rise once you stress the CPU
(08-24-2010, 12:35 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]IT SAYS U HAVE 16 CORES!!!!!!!!!

actually only 4 cores when I bought the computer, I asked the employee. Its a Quad Core.
[attachment=4150]

(08-24-2010, 12:42 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is the GPU
Quote:I have an Intel graphics card is it possible for me to upgrade to a Nvidia or ATI Radeon?
You are using a laptop with integrated intel graphics chip instead of a real video card, so it will be slow in graphically heavy games.

Also, the processor lowers it's multiplier while idle to conserve power. So that's not an error, it will rise once you stress the CPU

Its a desktop computer.

Anyone else who can give more suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(08-24-2010, 01:09 AM)skyhonor Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2010, 12:35 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]IT SAYS U HAVE 16 CORES!!!!!!!!!

actually only 4 cores when I bought the computer, I asked the employee. Its a Quad Core.

(08-24-2010, 12:42 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is the GPU

Its a desktop computer.

Anyone else who can give more suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Then you have been lied to by the employee. Core i3 is DUAL CORE, i5 have both dual core and quadcore and the i7 is pure quad core.
If you don`t believe me, then read HERE
What the system does is splitting the two physical cores in to 4 virtual cores, called Hyper threading, for better performance. Your CPU is still a dual core.
Just get a Nvidia 9800GT or Ati 5770 ,you will fullspeed most game(80% i think)
(08-24-2010, 01:37 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Just get a Nvidia 9800GT or Ati 5770 ,you will fullspeed most game(80% i think)

Can install that on my computer or do I have to to buy a new computer?
I found this 3D Analyze program which emulates any graphics card but I can't get it to work for the Dolphin emulator, any ideas on how to get it to work?
(08-24-2010, 02:01 AM)skyhonor Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2010, 01:37 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Just get a Nvidia 9800GT or Ati 5770 ,you will fullspeed most game(80% i think)

Can install that on my computer or do I have to to buy a new computer?
I found this 3D Analyze program which emulates any graphics card but I can't get it to work for the Dolphin emulator, any ideas on how to get it to work?

There is no software solution to your problem, and you would likely have to buy an entirely new system (though if you're lucky, you may find an external laptop GPU for sale somewhere).

Also, that employee lied to you. Core i3 are not quad cores any more than i7 processors are 8-cores. Hyperthreading does create 4 cpu threads for the most demanding apps but it's just a dual-core processor.
(Not that it matters very much for dolphin as it will mostly use just 2 cores, the problem is weak gpu)
But he said it's a HP desktop so buy that video card then plug it in
Quote:My System Specs are: it's a Quad Core and a desktop computer.
HP Computer
Windows 7 x64
Pages: 1 2 3 4