Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Many questions about graphics card and etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hope it all works. Ideally you won't have any case size issues. Also that 3D Analyze software is bogus (I didn't even bother looking it up), nothing will "create" a better video card out of software, it's the same as "downloading more ram".
(08-27-2010, 03:36 PM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]Hope it all works. Ideally you won't have any case size issues. Also that 3D Analyze software is bogus (I didn't even bother looking it up), nothing will "create" a better video card out of software, it's the same as "downloading more ram".

I actually want a link to whatever is claiming they can 'emulate a GPU'.

Or download more ram. xD
Well I think I did it correctly. It booted up nicely.
but I can't find the DVD Drive... Sad I need this to install the CD for the GPU.

what can i do to get the dvd drive back? I have the J Drive, but I had a D Drive too. and the D drive is missing.

Things I tried:
1. I hooked up one of the 'flat headed' cables from my PSU to the DVD Drive.
2. I went to this website: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
and press "Run now" even did the reccomend settings.
3. I went to the Device Manager and updated the DVD drives.
4 I went to Run then typed in regedit then went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
and deleted the upper filter. and restarted my computer.
[attachment=4187]

It still don't work, what could I do to fix this?
well i got it to work now. turns out that i had to plug in something into the dvd drive (data.)

the cd is installing the ATI catalyst. Smile

thank you everyone, its been an awesome adventure. I'll ask more questions in the future too. Big Grin
You would be best off getting the newest ati drivers from there website as the one of the cd may be older.
yeah just update via the catalyst application. Make sure you install the overclocking app from the cd too. its a great tool if you need to add a few fps Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4