Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Many questions about graphics card and etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
so which is better? Big Grin i want the full dolphin experience. the ATI 5770 or the Nvidia 9800gt. oh i read about the gtx 260 but im not sure it will work in my system.. the most important thing is that it must work with my system. and yes, my computer is an HP. my questions are if i buy the graphics card;
1. Will it boost my computers overall speed? or just the gaming factor?

2. Will those graphics card work on my HP computer?

3. Do I have to manually switch the graphics card? like from Intel to ATI?

4. Which is better the ATI 5770 or the Nvidia 9800GT?
- ATI 5770, answered by naoan.

5. Will I be able to play games like TERA Online and run the game smoothly on high graphic settings? and if not maybe on lowest settings? or no at all?
TERA Online recommended system requirements.
Windows XP/Vista/7
Core i5 3.33GHZ or better
4GB
5GB
GeForce 9800 or better

6. How do I determine what is my PSU?

Thank you!
in term of power?

5770 >= GTX260 >> 9800GT

The only possible reason why it won't work in your system is if your PSU is crap, which usually is for branded system.
thank you. may someone please answer those other 5 questions?

thanks again. Smile
I have an hd 5770 for myself and i can say its definetly worth it.
I can max out any game and get at least 30 fps except for crysis.
Your computer is probably compatible, i just dont know about your psu.
my 5770 requires 400 watts to run but im running it on a 360 watt and it resets itself sometimes (probably not good for it anyways)
1. only the gaming factor
2. 99.99% yes
3. no your intel card is built in to the motherboard. just install your new card and install the drivers and you should be good to go.
5. yea you should be able to play on very high settings. As naoan said the 5770 is way above the recomended specs.
6. hmm, im really not sure but i think cpu-z or gpu-z will tell you
thank you!
i need the answer to #6 now. Big Grin
[attachment=4179]
just open your computer and it should be stamped to the side of your psu
(08-25-2010, 09:11 PM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]just open your computer and it should be stamped to the side of your psu

it says dc output: 300w. is it possible for me to change the psu, and upgrade it? to a 500w?
Mine is 250W max(limit at 245w) ,it's enough to fit 9800Gt . 500w ? buy a new one
(08-25-2010, 11:45 AM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]my 5770 requires 400 watts to run but im running it on a 360 watt and it resets itself sometimes (probably not good for it anyways)

Alright that is a worrying symptom, if you care about your whole system, change your psu asap.

Note: Ask any hardware enthusiast what is the most important part of a system and they'll answer PSU, don't ever cheap out on this one.
ok thanks! much appreciated Big Grin
So today, I went to Staples to see if they had any good graphics card. I told the employee William my story. So I went on the website, and I think I found what I wanted. However, will it work? is the big question. The specifications I'm looking at are still a bit confusing. I just have 2 questions then I think I can come up with my solution to buy it or change it.

I have found this card:
GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
from: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

and also this is the PSU that i'm looking at:
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
from: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817341022

1. Will the new card(above) work on my Intel i3 530 Desktop computer?
2. Does all computers have the PSU connections for any PSU, like is it easy to put in the PSU and connect? (I checked Youtube for help too, but those videos were like 3 years ago... but technology changed. xD)

Thank you everyone that helped me on making my dolphin experience better!
Pages: 1 2 3 4