Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Dolphin - Not Working //resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[My hardware]
Wiimote
Nunchuck (on/off depending of the game)
Bluetooth USB dongle, This one if useful
I've been searching everywhere, trying everything and I can't seem to get my Wiimote to work properly, in dolphin that is.

[My software]
Dolphin [5632] - Note that I have tried numerous versions.
Windows Vista 32bit

[The Problem]
Dolphin says it recognizes the Wiimote, though I'm pretty sure it's lying and is full of shit :P

The furthest I got is in Mario Kart Wii. At the intro I press A. And I proceed to the next menu. Then what happens? Reconnect or what ever pop up. But that happened like once every 50 times. Usually, it doesn't even go past the menu, since it doesn't recognize anything.

So I thought, maybe it's the game? I try other games. Super Mario Galaxy, doesn't even go to the main menu, it says straight up no communication to wiimote, bla bla bla. I try WiiSports, nothing happens, can't press anything.

Now maybe I am doing something wrong when connecting the wiimote, so I tried various ways. Along the way, I've also tried restarting the PC, opening/closing Dolphin, etc.
1st way:

Start --> Control Panel --> Bluetooth Devices
And I connect it from there. Though, nothing happens in when in dolphin.

2nd:
[Dolphin] Wiimote --> //Press 1+2// Pair Up
"Connected to Real 1 Wiimotes"
Hit enter. Then I run a game. Says it's connected in the bottom of Dolphin window and 1st light is on Wiimote is on. Though buttons don't register, by that I mean that nothing happens in game. Or if I'm lucky, one out of 50 tries it let's me go past the intro, but I get a pop-up about reconnecting and from there it no longer works.

Now I know the Wiimote isn't the problem, because I have messed around in glovepie //with sucess.

Any help would be appreciated. If there's is no solution, I will just map it from glovepie and emulate it in Dolphin, which to me seems the best idea since emulated Wiimote works better (I have played numerous games with an emulated Wiimote on my X360 controller with no problems)

In Short : It says it's connected but nothing works
Indeed,windows bluetooth driver are retarded and never..ever work .Bluesoleil is the only way
(06-08-2010, 12:57 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed,windows bluetooth driver are retarded and never..ever work .Bluesoleil is the only way

I don't really understand why Bluesoleil is the only way. Window's driver, as you put it, works GREAT with glovepie. I really don't see why it wouldn't work. But if Bluesoleil is the only way to make it work in dolphin, I guess I will give it a try, but isn't XP only?
Because dolphin not recognize wiimote via glovepie.I use glovepie to emulate wiimote as a GC,PS2,Dreamcast,N64(emulator),PC...controller.
P.S Check your inbox
(06-08-2010, 01:30 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Because dolphin not recognize wiimote via glovepie.I use glovepie to emulate wiimote as a GC,PS2,Dreamcast,N64(emulator),PC...controller.
P.S Check your inbox

[color=#4B0082]To anyone having issues like I did. BlueSoleil drivers DO WORK. REALLY SIMPLE, WORKS GREAT.

Thanks admin89!
[/color]
MS stack works great here, I have no problems with it. Maybe your BT dongle doesn't like it/incompatible.
(06-09-2010, 01:41 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]MS stack works great here, I have no problems with it. Maybe your BT dongle doesn't like it/incompatible.

Well it worked once every 50 tries. Though, like I said, I only had issues with dolphin, it worked great if I used glovepie or WiinRemote.

Maybe it's because it's a cheap 3rd party from hong kong? What kind of dongle do you use? Is it genuine or a 3rd party like mine?
I use Nano USB bluetooth dongle and genuine Nintendo Wiimote, works just fine
I always have to do the following.

1.) Connect controller via bluetooth to the Bluetooth Device and wait till it says its installed.
2.) Remove the connected controller from the List of the Bluetooth Devices.
3.) Repeat Step 1, then the blue lights keep flashing and I know it worked.

I know this sounds wired but it is the way I have to go through every time I want to connect my controller, MS bluetooth indeed sucks!
MS bluetooth works perfectly for me without problems!
Pages: 1 2 3