Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting Wii remote to work in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(05-15-2010, 04:36 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]I remember having that kind of problems with older revisions (about a month ago or two). Since Dolphin v2 rc1 is now a bit outdated you could try one of the latest svns and see if that helps.

Like i already offered, hook me up with some debugbuild logs, and I will take a look at it, assuming your already using one of the newest revisions.
Where do you find debug builds? Unless you are talking about starting dolphin in debug mode I have no idea. I've tried to compile the debug version a few times but always with errors.
Ive got the dolphin 2.0 version from right of this website, im assuming thats the newest version, but ill try again.
(05-15-2010, 08:49 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you find debug builds? Unless you are talking about starting dolphin in debug mode I have no idea. I've tried to compile the debug version a few times but always with errors.

Make a shortcut of the Dolphin.exe, go to the properties of the shortcut and put " -d" at the end of the path. Hope this helps Big Grin :p.
EDIT: When I said " -d" I didn't mean the "" signs :p.
I'm getting the same problem and it's driving me crazy
Hi! Another with the same problem. Win7 x64.

The wiimote connects correctly with Dolphin, the led one lights, rumbles, but when I started some game it seems that the wiimote doesn't sent the info to the game.

I've tried version 2.0 and last r5452 build, but nothing.

I started dolphin with -d option, but I don't know how to make for it to generate the logs you need.

Regards!
Hi guys, another guy with the same problem - I've been trying the last 4 builds (currently using 5449).

Wiimote detected and installed via bt, finds it in the dolphin emu, but I get no responses in the "record" screen nor any game at all. The wiimote lights up the first "slot" after I pair it and close the "wiimote-config" and remains lit (the 1st of the 4 lights) when I start a game, but nothing works at all.
I've made more tests.

I've tested x86 and x64 builds, opengl a dx plugins, etc.

But my last test is interesting. I've connected in the wiimote 1 a virtual, and in the wiimote 2 the real. In the wiimote de light 2 is on so all ok.

In wii sports, I've put 2 players and... the game doesn't detect the second wiimote. The second light in the wiimote is on, the wiimote plugin detects 1 real wiimote connected, but the game doesn't detect it.

Some developer can give us an idea to test? ;-)

Regards!
Ok, I'm not a dev but have faced similar problems and eventually got it to work using a third party bt stack and newer svns (right now I'm using 5453 x64 with no wiimote problems). On my experience unresponsive wiimote buttons are related to unofficial wiimotes (not from nintendo). That means that even when the wiimote is paired, Dolphin can't interpret correctly the data sent by the bluetooth stack. A common workaround for this problem is to use a third party bt stack (bleusoleil works for many people but it's not free), so Dolphin can correctly read data sent by the wiimote to the bt stack.

I think that devs can benefit with the logs from users with this problems as some user suggested. If someone could explain clearly how to do this, they can start testing.

eoughu

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download I have to use this stack from Toshiba. I was having all the same problems. Win7 x64, 3rd party controller. The Win7 stack kind of blows.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5