Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting Wii remote to work in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Unless you are 100% sure that your wiimote is not a knock-off wiimote, I suggest you to try another bt stack like bluesoleil (be sure to try the latest version). Also, are you getting any feedback on buttons and other sensors in the Recording window of the wiimote plugin config window?
(05-13-2010, 01:04 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you are 100% sure that your wiimote is not a knock-off wiimote, I suggest you to try another bt stack like bluesoleil (be sure to try the latest version). Also, are you getting any feedback on buttons and other sensors in the Recording window of the wiimote plugin config window?

Im absolutely certain its genuine, its straight from walmart, came in the nintendo box and everything. No im not getting anything in the recording at all, i could tell there was a problem by that, ive tried re-doing a bunch of times, nothing. Its wierd because dolphin accepts it, it vibrates when connected like normal, i just cant figure out what it is.
(05-13-2010, 04:28 AM)loxim Wrote: [ -> ]Its wierd because dolphin accepts it, it vibrates when connected like normal, i just cant figure out what it is.

Still, I encourage you to try another bt stack. Your symptoms are very similar to those of many people with a bt stack problem. It won't hurt to try Bluesoleil, many people don't like it because older versions were conflictive. If the problem persists even with Bluesoleil you can uninstall it and it will go back tou your original ms stack.
(05-13-2010, 05:52 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2010, 04:28 AM)loxim Wrote: [ -> ]Its wierd because dolphin accepts it, it vibrates when connected like normal, i just cant figure out what it is.

Still, I encourage you to try another bt stack. Your symptoms are very similar to those of many people with a bt stack problem. It won't hurt to try Bluesoleil, many people don't like it because older versions were conflictive. If the problem persists even with Bluesoleil you can uninstall it and it will go back tou your original ms stack.

ill give it a try, see if i can find the newest one. let you know if it works.
(05-13-2010, 06:20 AM)loxim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2010, 05:52 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]

ill give it a try, see if i can find the newest one. let you know if it works.

Installing bluesoliel worked somewhat, the recording menu now shows the bars, but the game is still unresponsive. Any ideas?

Douglas Nogueira

Try to uncheck this auto conect and auto recconect wiimote and pair your wiimote everytime you start dolphin.
*Plus, if it not work with just pressing 1+2, try to press the red button close to battery to. It worked for me even without bluesoleil.

Good luck Big Grin
(05-14-2010, 12:06 AM)loxim Wrote: [ -> ]Installing bluesoliel worked somewhat, the recording menu now shows the bars, but the game is still unresponsive. Any ideas?

Ok, you are closer I think. If Dolphin can read the sensors then you really should be able to use your Wiimote in-game. A few more things to try out.

1) Verify that Real Wiimote is selected on the wiimote config window
2) Check that Auto-reconnect Wiimote is selected (I'm not sure if this option is available on the rc1)
3) If none of the above works: Once the game is loaded pres Alt+Tab until you are on the window of the game (not the gui) and try to press wiimote buttons again.
(05-14-2010, 05:03 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2010, 12:06 AM)loxim Wrote: [ -> ]Installing bluesoliel worked somewhat, the recording menu now shows the bars, but the game is still unresponsive. Any ideas?

Ok, you are closer I think. If Dolphin can read the sensors then you really should be able to use your Wiimote in-game. A few more things to try out.

1) Verify that Real Wiimote is selected on the wiimote config window
2) Check that Auto-reconnect Wiimote is selected (I'm not sure if this option is available on the rc1)
3) If none of the above works: Once the game is loaded pres Alt+Tab until you are on the window of the game (not the gui) and try to press wiimote buttons again.

Ok, this version doesnt have auto connect, at least i dont see it. Real wiimote is selected, and alt-tabbing didnt do anything. I did notice however, that when i first reconnected the wiimote with bluesoliel and paired it with dolphin to check the recording menu again, it showed the bars. But then i started the game, tried the buttons, quit and went back into the recording menu and nothing worked. So something is happening between connection and starting a game.
Tried switching back and forth between fullscreen, and windowed mode to no avail. Losing its connection somehow between pairing and starting a game.
I remember having that kind of problems with older revisions (about a month ago or two). Since Dolphin v2 rc1 is now a bit outdated you could try one of the latest svns and see if that helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5