Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting Wii remote to work in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
In this computer I cannont try with other stacks, because de dongle y from a bluetooth Microsoft keyboard and mouse.

I'm waiting for a new bluetooth dongle. When it arrive, I will try it in another computer.

If someone could explain to us how to get good logs, I think is interesting to solve this bug.

Regards!
I've made more tests.

Sometimes (but only sometimes), after pair up the wiimote, and push te refresh button, if I go to the "recording" button, and I press de + wiimote key, it seems thait it works. Some bars move but some others continues blank (like the battery level, for example).

But some time after, it stops and all the bars are blank.

This only happens sometimes.

I've tried the program wiinremote and with this program all works ok, so it seems the wiimote is ok and the blueetooth pair with windows is ok too.

A hope this can help ;-)

Regards!
Finally! The Toshiba drivers worked for me, I also tried the latest release of "BlueSoleil" but without any luck.

I downloaded the drivers from http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download (thanks for the link eoughu!!), installed the x64 version for Win7 and after a reboot I added the device, started the Dolphin emu and paired up the wiimote - that's it! Started NSMB and it all worked perfect!!

I also noticed that the Toshiba stack is an evaluation version as well (same as bluesoleil), so 30 days left is better than nothing. If anyone knows of some working drivers (retail) it would be massive!

Cheers!

mog123

Thank you for the Toshiba drivers!

Now I can play Wario Shake it without any problems Smile ( I couldn't get the shake features to work earier)
Although some games still don't recognize the wiimote ( no input). Do you have any Idea why? Is it because of the emulator or maybe the images are faulty?

eoughu

(05-16-2010, 09:23 PM)jalla74 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally! The Toshiba drivers worked for me, I also tried the latest release of "BlueSoleil" but without any luck.

I downloaded the drivers from http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download (thanks for the link eoughu!!), installed the x64 version for Win7 and after a reboot I added the device, started the Dolphin emu and paired up the wiimote - that's it! Started NSMB and it all worked perfect!!

I also noticed that the Toshiba stack is an evaluation version as well (same as bluesoleil), so 30 days left is better than nothing. If anyone knows of some working drivers (retail) it would be massive!

Cheers!

weird I didn't know it was an evaluation version. I've had mine well over 30 days lol.
More than 1000 visits this thread!! :-P

How can we generate logs to help the developers find the problem with the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack?

Regards!
More data, if it can help. Images attached.

I have started a wii sports game with 1 emulated and 1 real wiimote.

When it asks for how many players, I selected two with my mouse. I push in the "more" button and it seems that only 1 wiimote is connected. The emulated. I pushed alt+f6 to reconnect the second wiimote. The image 1 appears. If I push alt+f6 two times the second image appears.
If I look into the microsoft bluetooth stack, the third image appears.

The "mac" address is not the same in the three images. Is this normal? I think it must be the same in the three images.

Regards!
(05-17-2010, 02:07 PM)eoughu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2010, 09:23 PM)jalla74 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally! The Toshiba drivers worked for me, I also tried the latest release of "BlueSoleil" but without any luck.

Cheers!

weird I didn't know it was an evaluation version. I've had mine well over 30 days lol.

It said 30 days today as well, until I started Dolphin and started playing a game using the wiimote. When I quit the emu, I dragged the mouse over the bluetooth icon in the taskbar and it was updated to 28 days remaining now. Arrghh....

All TOSHIBA Notebooks with Bluetooth modules can always be upgraded with the latest available Bluetooth Stack for free. If not, you have to pay 20 euro (buy a license without limitation)

I'll try to dig up some workaround, it's just silly to use money for a bloody driver imo...

If anyone has a tip, please drop me a PM.

eoughu

I suppose it's the dongle I'm using: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as...6833340002

Newegg has a newer version of it for $20, but you can find that one for $10, and it works perfect with the Wiimote. Mine came with an old ass version of the Toshiba stack.

robenwzrdhat

System Specs :
intel 920, 6gb 1800mhz ram, Windows 7 x64, 4890 graphics card, evga x58 mirco mobo,
---------!-----------Targus ACB10US bluetooth adapter------------!---------,
M$ stack - works out of box

Using SVN build 5251
Genuine remote, straight from Target with nunchuck and wiimotion plus (motion plus not plugged in).
Bluetooth adapter off the shelf at Target => $20

Initially I had the exact same problems as OP. I tried installing 6 different versions of Bluesoleil as well and the only one that worked was the latest version, which is not free. With a little patience, I managed to get my setup to work straight out of the box, but is a little finicky. Here's how I got it to work:

1.) Make sure "auto-reconnect is checked" then click "pair up w/ wiimote"
2.) immediately after, push 1&2 on wiimote.
windows 7 should say "Bluetooth HID device found" and proceed to install drivers and search for updates online.
3.) About every 2 seconds I push "refresh wiimote" until it vibrates in my hands
4.) Upon successful install of drivers, I simply hit close and load up a wii game.
The wiimote automatically lights up the 1 position LED and works just fine.

The "finicky" element comes in having to time your PC so that your wiimote doesn't shut off before it finishes installing drivers. You can configure your PC to not search online for updates (i'd post how, but can't remember exactly, just google) each time you connect a device. That will speed up sync time.

"Recording" section displays no results (except I saw "battery" light up to full once when I first installed it, haven't seen it since). But the wiimote and nunchuck both function properly in every game.

If all else fails, it may just be a compatibility issue you're having. Check this link to see if your device is listed here.
Bluetooth Device List

If not, and problems still persist, you can try:
Amazon bluetooth 47cents plus 3$ for shipping (takes a little over a week)
Dealextreme bluetooth 2$, free shipping (from hong kong though, so it'll be 3 weeks).

I have also trolled many forums and many claim both of these also work right out of the box w/ windows 7. But I can guarantee the Targus one works Big Grin

Hope this helps
More tests:
- I've tried a bluetooth dongle of less than 2$, and ¡¡it works!! My expensive dongle from Microsoft doesn't work.

So, the problem is not the wiimote, it seems that it is the bluetooth dongle. Facts:
- Wiimote, dolphin and microsoft dongle -> Don't work
- Wiimote, dolphin and cheapest dongle -> Work
- Wiimote, other software (like wiinremote) and microsoft dongle -> Work

So I think the problem is the way dolphin uses the bluetooth stack to access the wiimote. But only for some dongles, others work perfectly...

Regards!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5