Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gfx card OC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys i wanna OC my gfx card and wanted to ask if OC gfx card would increase dolphin performance a bit Undecided ???
not much, if any. its mainly your cpu that matters
overclock that
(03-20-2010, 12:03 AM)kevinrocksman Wrote: [ -> ]not much, if any. its mainly your cpu that matters
overclock that

i know...but i thought that oc-ing gfx card would do, since that is my bottleneck Undecided
Your graphic card may be your bottleneck in normal situations, like if you were running PC games, but I do not see you getting any real performance gain overclocking it for Dolphin.
(03-20-2010, 12:09 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphic card may be your bottleneck in normal situations, like if you were running PC games, but I do not see you getting any real performance gain overclocking it for Dolphin.

hmmm...weird from what i heard dolphin IS cpu dependant, BUT you do need a good gfc card backing it up...it's not the same using onboard gfx and gfx card. EVEN for dolphin, but hey thx for the replies Smile
buy 9800gt only 100$(125$ with ship i think).Anyway It work fine with opengl plugin ,no need to OC .I have a real test between 2 Gfx (9800GT VS 7300GT ) in dolphin,9800gt increase 40-50% FPS in my CPU Pentium D 3.06Gb.9800GT get fullspeed with NSMB,7300GT only get halfspeed or lower
(03-20-2010, 01:04 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]buy 9800gt only 100$(125$ with ship i think).Anyway It work fine with opengl plugin ,no need to OC .I have a real test between 2 Gfx (9800GT VS 7300GT ) in dolphin,9800gt increase 40-50% FPS in my CPU Pentium D 3.06Gb.9800GT get fullspeed with NSMB,7300GT only get halfspeed or lower
i thought i should get an ati series i think 5570... since it's new and it's good price Smile
Either one is good, though if buying a budget card, I'd lean towards buying an ATi 5000+ series as they are also future proof with their native dx11 support. If there's one thing I dislike about nvidia, is that none of their cards support dx11, not even the top range models. Not a performance difference in dolphin but still.. (Already exists a dx11 plugin for PCSX2 emulator which I can't utilize)
(03-20-2010, 01:56 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Either one is good, though if buying a budget card, I'd lean towards buying an ATi 5000+ series as they are also future proof with their native dx11 support. If there's one thing I dislike about nvidia, is that none of their cards support dx11, not even the top range models. Not a performance difference in dolphin but still.. (Already exists a dx11 plugin for PCSX2 emulator which I can't utilize)
i thought of that...altho my problem is the power supply, i don't think they'll work with my 350w power supply...
then again were going off-topic...so any suggestions about oc ocean?
Why are you still persistent in wanting to OC your card?

It's not going to do you any good. You also have a crappy power supply, so it's not even advised to OC that card. Instead focus on your CPU since it's going to give you more of a performance boost than the card would.

You really won't be able to get much of an overclock out of your card, maybe 20 MHz for the clock and memory, and that's it. You won't be able to do a huge overclock on the CPU either most likely, but it'd still be better than the Graphic Card OC.
Pages: 1 2 3