Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I recently got dolphin to work and I've been playing metroid prime (U) for three days now. My fps would drop down as low as 16fps. I want to know what are the best setting for Metroid Prime (U).

System specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 @3.0GHz
8GB's ddr3
Ati Radeon HD 4200
Windows 7 ultimate
Let me start off by saying metroid prime cannot run at full speed all the time on ANY system with ANY settings. Make sure you are using the latest build or v2 RC1 (I personally reccomend using v2 RC1) and use these settings:

Config:
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Framelimit: Auto
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler
Lock Threads to cores
DSPLLE on thread
Do not check Confirm on Stop or Use Panic Handlers

Plugins:
Direct3D9
DSP-HLE

Graphics:
Fullscreen and render to main window are your choice
Force 16:9 Widescreen
Whatever resolution you want for fullscreen and windowed
Safe Texture Cache, Fast
EFB scaled Copy
Disable Fog
Enable EFB Copy To RAM
Do not check v-sync, widescreen hack, CPU->EFB access, force bi/trilinear, 16x anisotropy filtering
Set anti-alias mode to none

Audio:
Enable HLE Audio
Enable DTK Music
No not check Audio Throttle or RE0 Audio Hack
DSound
EFB to RAM is too slow. I don't agree with some of your other options, too, but anyway :-D
(03-11-2010, 06:19 AM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]EFB to RAM is too slow. I don't agree with some of your other options, too, but anyway :-D

Yeah but without it the x-ray visor doesn't work and the thermal visor is screwed up.
with your radeon 4200 onboard chip you need to lower the resolution to something below 800x600 for full speed.
best use native resolution.
i know it because i have nearly the same - HD3300 (it's the same chip ... only some Mhz slower)
I hadn't noticed that, lol with that CPU and that RAM and he doesn't have a normal card :-(
But doesn't Metroid Prime have problems with enabling dual core?

Also, you may want to look into trying the JITIL recompiler. As I recall, some people have gotten a better FPS with it.
(03-12-2010, 12:33 AM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't noticed that, lol with that CPU and that RAM and he doesn't have a normal card :-(

I plan on getting a ati radeon hd series card and I don't want to spend too much.
What do you recommend?
Depends on how much money you want to spend. Give us a price range.
(03-14-2010, 01:13 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on how much money you want to spend. Give us a price range.

Nothing higher than 200$
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7