Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hi guys i have a problem with metroid prime.when ever i turn on my x-ray vison all i can see is pitch wight.now i dont know if its from my settings or the game.does anybody know how to fix this problem.plz and thxs
Use efb to ram and restart the game.

i didint find efb to ram on configure.can you plz be a bit more specific.im using dolphin SVN R 6784
EFB to RAM can be enabled by the following:

From the menu, select Options -> Graphic Settings
Under "Copy", tick "Enable"
Select the "RAM" radio button
Tick the "Enable cache" checkbox
Click "Close"
Restart Dolphin
ok i did it but the problem is still there
Well then you must have done something wrong. Turn off emulate format changes.
its already on off.but i know an easer way to solve this problem tell me all settings that i need for metroid prime.then if that doesent work then i think its from the game
I was playing that game, too. And I also had a budget video card. The biggest was when I finally got a good video card. I got a nVIDIA GTX 460 for $170 from newegg. Free shipping. $20 rebate, for a final price of $150. And 2 free games: Just Cause 2 + Mafia II (value:$59.99). Those might be good. I'll have to see.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127551

Core Clock: 725MHz
Stream Processors: 336 Processor Cores
Effective Memory Clock: 3600MHz
Memory Size: 1GB
Memory Interface: 256-bit
Memory Type: GDDR5

You can probably get an ATI card, with very similar specs, for the same price, if that's your preference. I just feel that nVIDIA specializes in graphics, where AMD has CPUs and other things to develop. And nVIDIA is the smaller company.

Now, with the new hardware, it seems too fast. But that's how these games run on Gamecube console.

I also overclocked my CPU a bit, from 3.5 to 3.8 Ghz. I'm not sure if it was needed, but I saw it was 60-70% total CPU load, and the overclocking might help shorten any spike times.

And I also have a AMD Phenom II X4. But it's a 970.

NaturalViolence Wrote:Lock Threads to cores
It seems to be having a hard time with 4 cores. With only 2, it's always at 100% on both cores. It seems like it needs as many cores as you have. 6 would be better. I wish I'd gotten a 6 now. Plus, I'm going to need a better CPU cooler. Like one of these:

[Image: 35-118-046-Z11?%24S300W%24]
Quote:It seems to be having a hard time with 4 cores. With only 2, it's always at 100% on both cores. It seems like it needs as many cores as you have. 6 would be better. I wish I'd gotten a 6 now. Plus, I'm going to need a better CPU cooler. Like one of these:

I thought I already explained this to you? Dolphin only uses 2 threads. Unless you have background applications running the amount of processing power used will be the same whether you have a dual core, quad core, or hexacore. You won't see any improvement at all.

@majin buu

Can you post your OS, system specs, which revision you're using, and screenshots of your settings?
Well, it must have been someone else who said just the opposite. Are you sure the other cores don't share the load? If I use "Lock Threads to Cores", then the green line goes all the way to the top on 2 cores, and all the way to the bottom on the other 2 cores. But if I disable that, then it goes to about 60% average on all 4 cores. None of the cores go to the top. So, that tells me, they are sharing the load.

Win7 64
AMD Phenom II X4 970. 3.5 Ghz, overclocked to 3.8 Ghz
4x2GB (8GB) 1600 Hz RAM
Pretty good Asus MB
285 MB/sec Acard SSDs. 2 of those in raid0
GeForce GTX 460 1GB

r6886

Here's the d3d11 ini. I'm trying it now. I'm not sure if there's any difference in performance from d3d9
Code:
[Hardware]
VSync = False
Adapter = 0
[Settings]
AspectRatio = 0
Crop = False
wideScreenHack = False
UseXFB = False
UseRealXFB = False
UseNativeMips = True
AdjustWindowSize = False