Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ok.

[Image: cpuusageproof.png]

It goes up to 70%, but right now I don't have time to get to some CPU intensive place.
WTF! I'm going to show this to some of the devs to see if they can explain to me what's going on.

Edit: Can you run it again with HLE audio disabled and audio backend set to null audio?
its got DSPLLE on thread enabled. its the only reason why it would be using 64% and not 50%.
"DSPLLE on thread" is unchecked.

Tooltip says it's not recommended, so I'm not likely to check that one.
@hypnotoad

Can you please run it again with HLE audio disabled and audio backend set to null audio? And screenshot the processes tab so I can see dolphin's load just like before.
It must not be the audio.

[Image: disabledaudio.png]

[Image: disabledaudiotaskmanage.png]
.....I'm officially stumped. I can't reproduce this. Dolphin never uses more than 50% by itself on my quad core cpu.

Can you include your system specs and OS in your forum signature so I don't have to ask you again in the future? Thanks in advance. I'm particularly interested in what cpu you're using.

Since this thread has been derailed I would appreciate it if you made a new thread for this and included your full dolphin configuration (settings) as well as which revision you're using in the OP. If you could try an old revision like 5016 and a new revision like 6891 and tell me if their was a change that would also be helpful.
It may be an AMD / Intel thing, 'cause I think everything else is about the same. You're also on Win7 64-bit, right? The revision I'm using is 6900. I can try an older version. I tried V2, but it doesn't even play Metroid Prime right.

It's the same on Zelda Twilight Princess, too.

[Image: 25iuiww.png]

But ya, I should make a new thread, to get some feedback from others about this.
hi guys,
i have this weird problem on dolphin. just yesterday i was playing a game and i was getting a good 40-50 even 60 fps then the next day i opened dolphin and all the sudden i was getting 10 fps i dont know why but i didint change any settings and all my settings are at the lowest and i even have gamebooster. can anybody help me with this problem thx
Either it's overheating or you did change something. Download coretemp and check your temps while running dolphin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7