Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin for mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

rightwing328

Dear Admins of Dolphin emu,

I think that it would be a huge addition to the site if a Dolphin emu was created for macs. I think you would receive more viewers and downloads and also many more members. I have given up both my gamecube and wii and i would love to be able to play those fun games again. Please do consider
I don't know if anyone uploads mac builds but you can create your own if you follow this
afaik the mac version doesnt build or work, srry
You can install both linux and windows on a mac right? Why not just do that? Mac is so much like linux since they are both unix derivatives it shouldn't make a difference which it is compiled on...

John Bog

Yeah i tried and the "Virtual Machine" isnt strong enought to run Dolphin, even with the highest perf..
so i was Thinking : Is there a way to use "X11" in order to install Dolphin on a Mac?

i mean im not a compiler-thing-man and i dont understand nothing about the HowTo Google-thing so...

anyway to use X11?

arceus12345

macs are mainly for photos and movies and all the family stuff. it isn't for gaming and i am sure we have more windows users then any other OS so making a mac dolphin emulator wont make much of a difference in how popular the dolphin emulator is.
That's all about Windows emulation software Smile

Northern

I managed to get Dolphin (3089) working on Crossover Games 7.2.0 (trial version). Seemed to work quite well, although I didn't have much time to play/muck about. I thought it wasn't working properly until I read that Wind Waker audio doesn't work lol.

[Image: th_Picture2-10.jpg]

I didn't try with Crossover 7.2.0 (the normal one), but don't see why it shouldn't work.

(I'm not saying just going out and buying Crossover to run Dolphin is a great idea, if it ends up not working, there isn't much support. But you can play about a lot with the trial version.)

spongmario

(05-04-2009, 01:45 AM)arceus12345 Wrote: [ -> ]macs are mainly for photos and movies and all the family stuff. it isn't for gaming and i am sure we have more windows users then any other OS so making a mac dolphin emulator wont make much of a difference in how popular the dolphin emulator is.
There may be more PC users, but there are still enough mac users that at least I know that would really enjoy it for mac.
Sorry but mac's have to stay out of the gaming-zone :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4