Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin stops accepting inputs while running The Last Story, then crashes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been playing The Last Story on Dolphin. My last several sessions have been interrupted by the game suddenly not accepting controller inputs, with the game itself seemingly still running fine. When I try to click the controller tab to see if I can fix it, the tab refuses to open. Clicking "Graphics" and "Configuration" similarly does nothing. This has happened 3-4 times, and I'm forced to shut down the program each time. When I look at the Reliability Moniter report, every crash is accompanied by a c0000005 error, followed by a c000041d error. Any ideas about what might be causing the problem/how to fix it? Thanks!
Please post your controller settings.
(03-17-2024, 10:59 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Please post your controller settings.

Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but I have it set to Emulated Wiimote. Specifically, I am using a DualShock 4 controller and DS4Windows with the DSU client enabled.
It sounds like you have some sort of computer issue if you are unable to open Dolphin's Controller Settings when it happens, some sort of input dependency is probably breaking. Can you test if you get the same issue with a keyboard or a game that uses a GC controller?
(03-18-2024, 12:21 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you have some sort of computer issue if you are unable to open Dolphin's Controller Settings when it happens, some sort of input dependency is probably breaking. Can you test if you get the same issue with a keyboard or a game that uses a GC controller?

I played a game that uses the GC controller for about an hour. Used DS4Windows and a DualShock 4, as before. No sign of the issue.
(03-18-2024, 12:21 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you have some sort of computer issue if you are unable to open Dolphin's Controller Settings when it happens, some sort of input dependency is probably breaking. Can you test if you get the same issue with a keyboard or a game that uses a GC controller?

Should I test to see if I get the issue with keyboard controls?
I'm having the same issue but playing on Android, Pixel 6a. Didn't have any crashes or issues playing upto the Tavern/town or whatever. I was using a Switch Pro controller via OTG and Xbox via Bluetooth too, but I've just been using the touch controls and having the dead controls issue. Thought at first was just crash but fps still rolls along and audio etc and after reading OP post I think I'm dealing with the same issue. I'll give controllers ago and see if still happening
Can you both test an older version of Dolphin and see if you have the same issue?
(03-27-2024, 06:11 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you both test an older version of Dolphin and see if you have the same issue?

I am currently on Dolphin 5.0-21212. Is there any easy way to temporarily revert Dolphin to an older version, and about how far back should I go?

Thanks!
I would extract Dolphin to a new folder and create a file in the root of the folder called "portable.txt", this will prevent the old version of Dolphin from changing any of your current settings.

As for what version to test it's hard to say, I'd say 5.0, but that's quite old. You could try going back about 1000 versions maybe (so about 5.0-20000) and if you are still having the issue go back another 1000 till you find one that works (if there is one).
Pages: 1 2 3