Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin stops accepting inputs while running The Last Story, then crashes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That would be this version, I don't think that that would cause the crashing issue. What audio backend are you using?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/262...d3d1bf400/
(04-16-2024, 12:54 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be this version, I don't think that that would cause the crashing issue. What audio backend are you using?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/262...d3d1bf400/

I always use the default Cubeb. To be clear, I didn't experience the issue when using 5.0-21206, but I did experience the issue when using 5.0-21208.   Dolphin Emulator - Information on 5.0-21208 (dolphin-emu.org)
(04-17-2024, 05:39 AM)RejectedPast Wrote: [ -> ]I always use the default Cubeb. To be clear, I didn't experience the issue when using 5.0-21206, but I did experience the issue when using 5.0-21208.   Dolphin Emulator - Information on 5.0-21208 (dolphin-emu.org)

Ahh, good point, I got it confused. I still wouldn't think that that would be causing your issue, but idk.
(04-17-2024, 06:52 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, good point, I got it confused. I still wouldn't think that that would be causing your issue, but idk.

What's most frustrating to me is how random the crashes seem to be. Sometimes it'll happen when I reach a new area, sometimes I'll pause the game and come back later to find it has crashed. I ran the game on 5.0 - 21208 for about 45 minutes without crashing. I ran it again just to be safe, and it crashed within 15 minutes. So, even though I've tested 5.0 - 21206 multiple times without encountering the issue, it's still hard to be sure. What next?
(04-17-2024, 10:01 AM)RejectedPast Wrote: [ -> ]What's most frustrating to me is how random the crashes seem to be. Sometimes it'll happen when I reach a new area, sometimes I'll pause the game and come back later to find it has crashed. I ran the game on 5.0 - 21208 for about 45 minutes without crashing. I ran it again just to be safe, and it crashed within 15 minutes. So, even though I've tested 5.0 - 21206 multiple times without encountering the issue, it's still hard to be sure. What next?

Sorry for the late response, I really don't have much more input on the matter, this is something beyond my ability to diagnose. My suggestion would be the following: if you have a version of Dolphin that works without crashing, I would simply stick to that version. Other than that, I'm not even sure if this is a Dolphin issue in the first place.
(04-23-2024, 06:42 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late response, I really don't have much more input on the matter, this is something beyond my ability to diagnose. My suggestion would be the following: if you have a version of Dolphin that works without crashing, I would simply stick to that version. Other than that, I'm not even sure if this is a Dolphin issue in the first place.

Good news! Disabling dual core seems to have fixed the issue. I have played several hours over the last few days with no crashes in sight. Of course, the game stutters a lot in big areas and some cutscenes, but I can live with it. I just hope it’s only an issue with this game. The performance gains from having dual core are just too important.
Glad you got it fixed. Dual Core does give a nice speed up if your CPU isn't fast enough on 1 core but can also cause issues. I leave it off now days since most CPUs are plenty fast to not need it.
Pages: 1 2 3