Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help needed with Wavebird problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use a Wavebird controller (have for years, got a few of them) and i use that official GameCube adapter that was brought out for the Wii U to use it on my PC for Dolphin and even some PC games i prefer playing with a GameCube controller by using x360ce.

Been using the same Wii U adapter for years and the same controllers for years and never had a problem, until now. Was just playing Luigi's Mansion (which over the years i've done 100 times before on various editions of Dolphin, and again never had this problem) but i played it quite abit yesterday - worked perfect... started playing it today and the game still runs great except every now and then it acts as if it's getting a second or two of interference (like sometimes Luigi looks like he's hopping on one foot rather than running/walking... and even though i'm holding the trigger down for the vacuum, it works for a couple of seconds, then he stops, then starts vacuuming again, then stops etc. over and over... even though i've had the trigger held down the whole time)

I know 100% sure the battery for the Wavebird isn't flat because you know those Nyko rechargeable batteries you can get for Wiimotes? Well those batteries also fit into the battery compartment of a Wavebird and works perfect. Before i started playing yesterday the battery had been in one of my Wiimotes charging on the Nyko dock and was 100% fully charged, and i only took it out and put it in the Wavebird yesterday. I saw somewhere about changing your power settings on your PC to High Performance, which i did, but that didn't fix this.

This definitely isn't making LM unplayable... it's just annoying and shouldn't be happening. Any suggestions?

My PC specs (incase needed)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home x64
SSD : Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe
Motherboard : ASRock Z390 Pro4CPU : i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming
RAM : 16GB (DDR4)
Power Supply :  Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 600W  80+ Gold
Could be a Dolphin issue. What version (or versions) is this happening in?
Does it happen if you use keyboard inputs as well?

Do you see the same issue in other games?

Does this issue show up in other software?

If it's not Dolphin, did you trouble shoot your controller/computer?
-Using regular batteries instead of the rechargeable pack
-Using a wired controller
-Using a different channel on the wireless connection
-Using a different controller or different wireless receiver
-Using different USB ports
-Restarting the computer to make sure your computer isn't doing any funny business. Not a shutdown, but the actual restart command to bypass any Windows Fast Boot shenanigans.
(11-13-2019, 10:29 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Could be a Dolphin issue. What version (or versions) is this happening in?
Does it happen if you use keyboard inputs as well?

Do you see the same issue in other games?

Does this issue show up in other software?

If it's not Dolphin, did you trouble shoot your controller/computer?
-Using regular batteries instead of the rechargeable pack
-Using a wired controller
-Using a different channel on the wireless connection
-Using a different controller or different wireless receiver
-Using different USB ports
-Restarting the computer to make sure your computer isn't doing any funny business. Not a shutdown, but the actual restart command to bypass any Windows Fast Boot shenanigans.
I'm using 5.0 - 10845... and yes i know there are newer versions but i use this one due to the last issue i posted about here on Dolphin Forums. That being i like having my Wii/Gamecube games on my desktop as icons and launching them like a PC game by using this in the shortcut address...

(Path to dolphin.exe) -b -e (path to ISO)

and, for some reason, everytime i tried doing that with 5.0 - 10945 i would get audio but no picture whatsoever. A very helpful fellow member (who i probably annoyed the hell outta with the number of back and-forth PM's we did lol) finally got me using that version as no matter what we tried it wouldn't work. In the end he just told me he'd tried on his PC launching games that way using the last 20 or so revisions of Dolphin and that was the closest to the latest revision where it worked... all after 10845 didn't. 10845 actually works great.

Yes to all the rest.
(11-14-2019, 02:49 AM)ChronicMasturbator Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 5.0 - 10845... and yes i know there are newer versions but i use this one due to the last issue i posted about here on Dolphin Forums. That being i like having my Wii/Gamecube games on my desktop as icons and launching them like a PC game by using this in the shortcut address...

(Path to dolphin.exe) -b -e (path to ISO)

and, for some reason, everytime i tried doing that with 5.0 - 10945 i would get audio but no picture whatsoever. A very helpful fellow member (who i probably annoyed the hell outta with the number of back and-forth PM's we did lol) finally got me using that version as no matter what we tried it wouldn't work. In the end he just told me he'd tried on his PC launching games that way using the last 20 or so revisions of Dolphin and that was the closest to the latest revision where it worked... all after 10845 didn't. 10845 actually works great.

This bug was fixed in 5.0-11132. The latest version should behave the same as 5.0-10845 when it comes to GameCube controller behavior, though.
I'm getting this too, tried playing OOT with my Wavebird and the input stopped responding every now and then, like interference. I just put it down to radio interference, but I tried every channel, no change.

I also have the official Wii-U adapter.
Batteries are fully charged.

Could it be something with Dolphin?
(11-14-2019, 03:21 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This bug was fixed in 5.0-11132. The latest version should behave the same as 5.0-10845 when it comes to GameCube controller behavior, though.

To the last person who commented, i would recommend what Jos said. He's the "fellow member" i mentioned who's really helped me alot on a number of issues over the years Smile And speaking of Jos me old matey... ok i downloaded that version, unpacked it to a folder, put a portable file, then copied every single setting exactly as it was in 10845, then made my desktop icons... however i'm guessing i need to change a setting somewhere now because it launches fantastic... BUT... as you can see there's just one little problem that, again, i haven't experienced before. Now this is definitely the weirdest lol. Could it be that because i didn't want to lose my progress and have to start again, i simply copied and pasted the GC folder from the 10845 folder to the new one?

https://s347.photobucket.com/user/Charli...sort=9&o=0
I'm not sure how that happened, but you can fix it by setting Graphics > Enhancements > Stereoscopic 3D Mode to Off.

(Also, I think you might be mixing me up with someone else. It doesn't really matter, though.)
(11-15-2019, 04:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how that happened, but you can fix it by setting Graphics > Enhancements > Stereoscopic 3D Mode to Off.

(Also, I think you might be mixing me up with someone else. It doesn't really matter, though.)

Thanks for replying Jos. Ok... as i told you in the PM's i only have 3 games i use Dolphin for - Luigi's Mansion, House Of The Dead Overkill and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. So, as i said above, i downloaded that newer version you mentioned, copied the settings exactly the same as i had them set up for 10845 and i also turned off Stereoscopic 3D (for some reason it was set to 'side by side"... so doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out lol) and i've just now finished those first 2 games i mentioned and both worked absolutely perfectly... but now when i go to play Silent Hill SM... well it would be just easier to show you.

I used a screen recorder and uploaded this to youtube. As you can see for yourself the piano and voice is distorted when it shows the the psychiatrist... but perfect when it shows the car on the road. I remember in the PM's we had something like this with the 10945 revision and you suggested changing the audio to LLE recompiler. Just tried that and it made no difference. I know this is 5 minutes long, but you'll see and hear for yourself EXACTLY what's wrong and i'll be very appreciative mate. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvm-EltR...e=youtu.be
You must've been PMing someone else, because I can't remember that all... Anyway, it sounds like the emulation is lagging a bit at the psychiatrist parts. If that's the case, I'm not sure if I have any specific advice for how to make it faster, but using DSP LLE won't help, at least. I can also hear the same problem when the car crashes and the person in the car gets out.
(11-16-2019, 03:06 AM)ChronicMasturbator Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replying Jos. Ok... as i told you in the PM's i only have 3 games i use Dolphin for - Luigi's Mansion, House Of The Dead Overkill and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. So, as i said above, i downloaded that newer version you mentioned, copied the settings exactly the same as i had them set up for 10845 and i also turned off Stereoscopic 3D (for some reason it was set to 'side by side"... so doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out lol) and i've just now finished those first 2 games i mentioned and both worked absolutely perfectly... but now when i go to play Silent Hill SM... well it would be just easier to show you.

I used a screen recorder and uploaded this to youtube. As you can see for yourself the piano and voice is distorted when it shows the the psychiatrist... but perfect when it shows the car on the road. I remember in the PM's we had something like this with the 10945 revision and you suggested changing the audio to LLE recompiler. Just tried that and it made no difference. I know this is 5 minutes long, but you'll see and hear for yourself EXACTLY what's wrong and i'll be very appreciative mate. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvm-EltR...e=youtu.be

It's running too slow. Switching back to HLE might help and make sure both windows and nvidia's power management are set to maximum performance. Show us your current graphics -> enhancements menu.
Pages: 1 2