Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to start my games from a pendrive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I´d like to use all my dolphin´s ISOs directly from a pendrive (500GB), but when I move my games to it, I can´t start any game.

Already tried in exFAT, FAT32 and NTFS.

Thank you!
There shouldn't be any particular barriers to doing that. What goes wrong when you try to start a game?
(05-03-2019, 02:08 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be any particular barriers to doing that. What goes wrong when you try to start a game?

All ISOs are working well because I can play them normally when they are in HD.

For example: I can play Mega Man 10 but Mega Man 9 does not, and both are in .wad

The problem starts when I copy them to the pendrive because the Dolphin does not see them.

In rare cases, when Dolphin find the ISO, this message appears:
[color=#000000]"is an invalid GCM/ISO file, or is not a GC/Wii ISO"[/color]
That's weird... Could you take a screenshot showing the folder that the games are in on the USB drive?
(05-03-2019, 02:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird... Could you take a screenshot showing the folder that the games are in on the USB drive?

As you can see, Dolphin does not see Mega Man 9 (.wad format)
Does it work if you use File > Open rather than Dolphin's game list?
(05-03-2019, 02:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work if you use File > Open rather than Dolphin's game list?

No =(
(05-03-2019, 02:58 AM)blazeharris Wrote: [ -> ]No =(

If the game is in "wad" format. It is necessary to run the system menu of the wii 4.3. 
(05-03-2019, 03:15 AM)huxsle Wrote: [ -> ]If the game is in "wad" format. It is necessary to run the system menu of the wii 4.3. 

This happens all the time:
(05-03-2019, 03:15 AM)huxsle Wrote: [ -> ]If the game is in "wad" format. It is necessary to run the system menu of the wii 4.3. 

No, it's not. And even if there had been NAND problems, it wouldn't lead to the error message that blazeharris is getting.
Pages: 1 2 3