Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to start my games from a pendrive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-03-2019, 05:20 AM)blazeharris Wrote: [ -> ]I´ve got from a huge ecommerce site here in Brasil called Mercado Livre (such like an brazilian ebay)

Here is the link:
https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-...5601433089

Besides, I´ve tried with a SD card and the issue continues.

My temporary solution is to get all my ISOs that are on the pendrive, move to my HD and play

Err, I'm sorry but you definitely got scammed. Mercado Livre is a big site, yes, but just like eBay, AliExpress and similar, you're negotiating directly with the sellers and there's a lot of fake products and scams if you don't watch closely. And well, A 512 GB USB drive for such low price (which is less than a fraction of what a similar capacity USB drive from known brands like Kingston or SanDisk costs, for example) and from a seller that had done less than 50 transactions in over 5 years definitely is a red warning.

I suggest you test the USB drive and the SD Cards that exhibits the problem with H2testw to confirm they're not faking its available space before further troubleshooting the issue with Dolphin, perhaps even checking the MD5 checksum of the ISO/WAD before and after copying to the drive to make sure they match...
(05-05-2019, 02:48 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Err, I'm sorry but you definitely got scammed. Mercado Livre is a big site, yes, but just like eBay, AliExpress and similar, you're negotiating directly with the sellers and there's a lot of fake products and scams if you don't watch closely. And well, A 512 GB USB drive for such low price (which is less than a fraction of what a similar capacity USB drive from known brands like Kingston or SanDisk costs, for example) and from a seller that had done less than 50 transactions in over 5 years definitely is a red warning.

I suggest you test the USB drive and the SD Cards that exhibits the problem with H2testw to confirm they're not faking its available space before further troubleshooting the issue with Dolphin, perhaps even checking the MD5 checksum of the ISO/WAD before and after copying to the drive to make sure they match...

Agreed, but what I find strange is that, according to OP, when copying the files back to an internal harddrive they start working again? How is that even possible, if there isn't enough space to copy the file that would mean that it will show and copy to the stick correctly (As to not immediately raise suspicion) but it will miss all information after the pendrive reaches its original limit.
(05-05-2019, 05:25 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, but what I find strange is that, according to OP, when copying the files back to an internal harddrive they start working again? How is that even possible, if there isn't enough space to copy the file that would mean that it will show and copy to the stick correctly (As to not immediately raise suspicion) but it will miss all information after the pendrive reaches its original limit.

Guys, sorry about the delay.

Actually the pendrive had problems and I returned it to the seller, and I bought a 1tb external hard drive from seagate, and to my surprise, the problem still persists as you can see on the image attach. I tested with the latest version.
(05-15-2019, 07:36 AM)blazeharris Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, sorry about the delay.

Actually the pendrive had problems and I returned it to the seller, and I bought a 1tb external hard drive from seagate, and to my surprise, the problem still persists as you can see on the image attach. I tested with the latest version.

As you are saying that the games are working perfectly from your internal drive, could please copy the files that are NOW on your external drive back to a new spot on your hard-drive and add that path to Dolphin (and temporarily remove the old path)?

Then create a new screenshot that shows them working?
(05-15-2019, 07:53 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]As you are saying that the games are working perfectly from your internal drive, could please copy the files that are NOW on your external drive back to a new spot on your hard-drive and add that path to Dolphin (and temporarily remove the old path)?

Then create a new screenshot that shows them working?

Before I attach that image you asked for, can you explain to me why .wbfs files works fine on dolphin? Have some games with that extension and all these are ok.
(05-15-2019, 08:39 AM)blazeharris Wrote: [ -> ]Before I attach that image you asked for, can you explain to me why .wbfs files works fine on dolphin? Have some games with that extension and all these are ok.

That is what we're trying to find out. So I have no answer for you right now.
Pages: 1 2 3