Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mastering Motion: The Journey to Emulate MotionPlus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You can map them like Controllers, but you cannot use the Gyros/Accelerometers to mimic a MotionPlus motion (yet). JoyCon communication is known though, so it would be possible to integrate them as some sort of Wiimote (somewhere in the middle between an emulated one and a real one).

Exodus96

(04-28-2019, 06:57 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you "aim" in Skyward Sword using the "IR" mappings.

Hi thanks for your hard work! Smile just a quick question though

Not very familiar with dolphin emulator, so wondering
1. Can I use actual wii-mote plus to emulate motion, or do we still have to wait for gyro implementation?
2. If above works, does that mean we can now play skyward sword with actual wii-mote plus without the need of sensor bar?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
(05-12-2019, 02:30 PM)Exodus96 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi thanks for your hard work! Smile just a quick question though

Not very familiar with dolphin emulator, so wondering
1. Can I use actual wii-mote plus to emulate motion, or do we still have to wait for gyro implementation?
2. If above works, does that mean we can now play skyward sword with actual wii-mote plus without the need of sensor bar?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

If you want to play with a real Wii Remote Plus, you need a sensor bar.

Exodus96

(05-02-2019, 06:32 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd probably reduce Total Yaw/Pitch to around 55 degrees, otherwise that looks like a pretty sensible config.

Hi just gave this new feature a first try and it works perfectly... Thanks for the hardwork. (I'm using xbox one controller btw)

As Skyward Sword is the only game I'm playing, in my opinion, the only issue left will be the 'stab' after swinging emulated wii mote and 'shield bash' after swinging emulated nun-chuck. This game will be perfectly playable once this issue is fixed Smile Hopefully it'll get addressed in the upcoming developer build
Nice Ho-Oh in the picture.
Is this implemented in Android as well?
I'm really confuse about this motion control setting, can someone tell me how to set this up? I'm going to try it with Skyward Sword.

Thijs

(05-01-2019, 11:31 PM)esornjdev Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my setup using a DualShock 2 attached using one of those old Radio Shack PSX-to-USB converters. It works fairly well:

(Unless otherwise specified the values are either false or not bound)

Buttons:
A: Button 2 (X)
B: Button 3 (Square)
1: Button 0 (Triangle)
2: Button 1 (Circle)
-: Button 8 (Select)
+: Button 9 (Start)
D-pad: Hat 0 N, S, W, E

IR:
Up: Axis Z-
Down: Axis Z+
Left: Axis Zr-
Right: Axis Zr+
Dead Zone: 10%
Vertical Offset: 10cm
Total Yaw: 180 deg
Total Pitch: 180 deg

Tilt:
Forward: Axis Y- & Button 5 (Back right trigger)
Backward: Axis Y+ & Button 5
Left: Axis X- & Button 5
Right: Axis X+ & Button 5
Dead Zone: 20%
Angle: 40 deg

Swing:
Up: Axis Z- & Button 7 (Front right trigger)
Down: Axis Z+ & Button 7
Left: Axis Zr- & Button 7
Right: Axis Zr+ & Button 7
Forward: Button 11 (Pressing right stick)
Dead Zone: 50%
Distance: 30cm
Speed: 16 m/s
Return Speed: 2 m/s
Angle: 90 deg

Nunchuk:
Up,Down,Left,Right: Axis Y-, Y+, X-, X+ respectively
Shake (X, Y, and Z): Button 10 (Pressing left stick)
C: Back left trigger (Button 6)
Z: Front left trigger (Button 4)

The idea is I hold down a button for sword motions, hold another button down to use the left stick to fly the bird.

It's not perfect but it's making the game almost completely playable. The only issue I have is with bombs, it's a little sketchy. I'll report back if I get that working better.

Your post has been the only thing I've been able to find online regarding a controller scheme, aside from one youtube comment. Have you been able to figure out some improvements to this scheme or is this as good as you've been able to get it?

starkium

Hey guys, so I'm a VR developer and for some time now I've wanted to play skyward sword with my valve knuckles/index controllers and I'm wondering if any kind of headway has been made with setting up motion controller tracking and or some sort of gesture recognition system in order to play skyward sword? I'd rather not have to retool the settings constantly so maybe some sort additional open XR based system for what I described above can be made ( i'd be super open to being part of this ) , but I'm not entirely sure I understand the fundamental problems here. Skyward sword would keep asking to re calibrate I assume, that shouldn't be a big deal, I assume at certain points of the game it looks for different kind of tracking trickery to accomplish certain things ( I assume this is the reason for the constant retool of settings ), if we can't have a constant gesture recognition system then at least a profile quick select would be nice ( i think this is already a thing is it not? ) idk, looking for any kind of input here as to what is possible, in place, and desired as I would like to have a nice smooth experience playing through skyward sword for the first time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4