Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mastering Motion: The Journey to Emulate MotionPlus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-28-2019, 05:50 AM)t1op Wrote: [ -> ]Swing has a speed setting. But I can't see one for Tilt. Does this exist?

I've found that 10+ m/s Swing works for sword swings (Skyward Sword), but is way too fast for aiming. Even 1 m/s is still too fast for precise aiming.
Is there a way to go lower than 1 m/s? Is there a way to set a modified speed for sword swings?

In an unofficial build, I was able to set the gyro range to 20 which made aiming near perfect then added a modifier button to change the range to 100 for sword swings.
Can this level of precision be reproduced with the official build so that aiming can be precise and then modify for sword swings?

I suggest you "aim" in Skyward Sword using the "IR" mappings.
I'll be honest, I thought we were at least a year or two away from this. I'll probably start toying away at the worst case (Skyward Sword) today; was about to go the Dolphinbar route too. :/
(04-28-2019, 06:57 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you "aim" in Skyward Sword using the "IR" mappings.

That does work better for aiming.
However, I still can't seem to get the controls precise. 
I think the emulated IR motion tracking is improved over the unofficial builds. Unfortunately, they are just too sensitive Sad  More importantly, when I try to use a mouse for real precision, the controls are extremely erratic.
Tilt Left and Right work for flying, but only if you turn gently. 
Swing works pretty well, and accurately... except returning to position reads as "shake" so sword swings are almost always followed by stabs.

Are there any ways to fix these issues?

*BTW* Thank you for all the work! I don't mean to come across as demanding or whining, I'm just trying to figure out if there are customization options already built in that will fix the issues I'm experiencing, and failing that, hoping that identifying these issues may lead to further development to make the experience as intended by the awesome, hardworking developers Smile
I got few tips for skyward sword, if you are using keyboard/mouse.
1. Set Pitch Yaw values to a min 50. I use 55.
2. If you are mapping controls to mouse, do not use "Axis". Use "Cursor" instead. this allows tracking the actual cursor position, and not the delta position as in Axis.
3. For tilt and swing, if you are planning on using a mouse for them, and said mouse has extra buttons, map the directions to a combination of a button and direction. this removes the need to use the keyboard for swings. Do note that Tilt forward naturally maps to cursor down, and vice versa.
4. The ingame calibration is wacky most of the times. most items only have a limited field of movement when targeting. If you find you are not able to move the pointer to the edges of the screen, just find the midpoint of the possible region, ie the midway between the region you can move, and reset the wiimote, ie, press DPAD-Down. This makes it possible to pan the whole screen. Note that different items work differently and may have different calibration value. Unequipping and equipping items resets what you have just done. It's annoying if you need to quickly use an item in a fight. If anyone got a permanent fix for this, please post.
5. if you still have issues with tilt and swing, try reducing their angles.

Primo24

Is there anyone there that can share their controller settings for skyward sword using DS4 with ds4windows. I was able to properly set the sword control to right analog but i'm having a problem with IR and Tilt settings. All help will be appreciated thank you
As a disabled person I want to say thank you for this Dolphin-Team and everybody involved! I never really could enjoy Skyward Sword due to the mandatory Wiimote controls and while Dolphin helped me out already with a great deal of other games in that regard Skyward Sword was the last thing I was waiting for, great job!

(04-29-2019, 02:28 PM)Primo24 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyone there that can share their controller settings for skyward sword using DS4 with ds4windows. I was able to properly set the sword control to right analog but i'm having a problem with IR and Tilt settings. All help will be appreciated thank you

I second this request, I would like to ideally play Skyward Sword with a combination of the right-stick and the gyro-sensor but I haven't had much luck yet messing around with the settings.

esornjdev

Here is my setup using a DualShock 2 attached using one of those old Radio Shack PSX-to-USB converters. It works fairly well:

(Unless otherwise specified the values are either false or not bound)

Buttons:
A: Button 2 (X)
B: Button 3 (Square)
1: Button 0 (Triangle)
2: Button 1 (Circle)
-: Button 8 (Select)
+: Button 9 (Start)
D-pad: Hat 0 N, S, W, E

IR:
Up: Axis Z-
Down: Axis Z+
Left: Axis Zr-
Right: Axis Zr+
Dead Zone: 10%
Vertical Offset: 10cm
Total Yaw: 180 deg
Total Pitch: 180 deg

Tilt:
Forward: Axis Y- & Button 5 (Back right trigger)
Backward: Axis Y+ & Button 5
Left: Axis X- & Button 5
Right: Axis X+ & Button 5
Dead Zone: 20%
Angle: 40 deg

Swing:
Up: Axis Z- & Button 7 (Front right trigger)
Down: Axis Z+ & Button 7
Left: Axis Zr- & Button 7
Right: Axis Zr+ & Button 7
Forward: Button 11 (Pressing right stick)
Dead Zone: 50%
Distance: 30cm
Speed: 16 m/s
Return Speed: 2 m/s
Angle: 90 deg

Nunchuk:
Up,Down,Left,Right: Axis Y-, Y+, X-, X+ respectively
Shake (X, Y, and Z): Button 10 (Pressing left stick)
C: Back left trigger (Button 6)
Z: Front left trigger (Button 4)

The idea is I hold down a button for sword motions, hold another button down to use the left stick to fly the bird.

It's not perfect but it's making the game almost completely playable. The only issue I have is with bombs, it's a little sketchy. I'll report back if I get that working better.
I'd probably reduce Total Yaw/Pitch to around 55 degrees, otherwise that looks like a pretty sensible config.

esornjdev

I did 180 specifically for things like the eyeball doors where you have to move the sword around and around without swinging (hence why I added the button for the swing command). It hasn't caused me any issues yet other than maybe looking is too fast, but then I just don't push down on the joystick as hard for those.

For the record, you can retrofit this to the PS4 controller I'm sure since it's almost exactly the same.
I've heard it's possible to use joycons as virtual Wii remotes; would this update make it possible to use these to emulate MotionPlus functionality?
Pages: 1 2 3 4