Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mastering Motion: The Journey to Emulate MotionPlus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm pleasantly surprised that there's actually enough information in the existing controller configuration to have a virtual Wiimote. I was expecting that approach to need to track a real motion controller for sure.
Wow, I wasn't expecting this so soon. Thanks so much to Billard and everyone involved in getting this working.
(04-27-2019, 01:27 AM)Pseudo2018-000 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! So much false information (can't played it with a gamepad, need to change the settings, picture of the configuration) about the old build for Skyward Sword. I don't know what build or the version of the build you're talking, but it's clearly not the same that I used.

Ok, that's starting to annoy. On every thread about MotionPlus emulation there's complaining from you, either calling us liars or praising unofficial builds with hard to use and barely functional implementations, even through there's lots of evidences scattering these forums and the bug trackers backing those claims. And even now that Dolphin has official MotionPlus support that's way easier to use than previous JPeterson's unofficial builds you still whine, that's enough, just give us a break. With that said, enjoy the warning I just issued on your forum account.
We took the screenshot of the configuration from JPeterson's MotionPlus fork. There are been forks of that fork that changed the GUI, but, those never saw the same widespread usage as the original that most users suffered through.
Tilt Left and Tilt Right refer to twisting the wiimote like a door knob. Where is yaw left and right, moving your arm left or right?
(04-27-2019, 09:39 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]We took the screenshot of the configuration from JPeterson's MotionPlus fork. There are been forks of that fork that changed the GUI, but, those never saw the same widespread usage as the original that most users suffered through.
Is there a configuration being shared that works with the new build that works for Skyward Sword? I downloaded the new build and found no configuration.
(04-27-2019, 03:16 PM)t1op Wrote: [ -> ]Tilt Left and Tilt Right refer to twisting the wiimote like a door knob. Where is yaw left and right, moving your arm left or right?

The "IR" Left/Right actions result in "yaw" rotation as do the the "Swing" Left/Right actions.

(04-27-2019, 03:22 PM)t1op Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a configuration being shared that works with the new build that works for Skyward Sword? I downloaded the new build and found no configuration.

From default settings just map something (probably an analog-stick or buttons) to control Tilt and Swing and increase "IR"s Total Yaw/Pitch settings to around 55.
Didn't have much to say or even visit this forum for years. But I just have to say that this is awesome work. I remember using that forked version for Skyward Sword with numerous issues. Now I can easily revisit SS again if I felt like it without looking for that version again!

Reloth5

Just started Skyward Sword with MotionPlus now added. I find it extremely difficult to properly swing my sword with a mouse. Can anyone provide me with the optimum keyboard and mouse settings I need? Thanks.
Swing has a speed setting. But I can't see one for Tilt. Does this exist?

I've found that 10+ m/s Swing works for sword swings (Skyward Sword), but is way too fast for aiming. Even 1 m/s is still too fast for precise aiming.
Is there a way to go lower than 1 m/s? Is there a way to set a modified speed for sword swings?

In an unofficial build, I was able to set the gyro range to 20 which made aiming near perfect then added a modifier button to change the range to 100 for sword swings.
Can this level of precision be reproduced with the official build so that aiming can be precise and then modify for sword swings?
Pages: 1 2 3 4