Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Selecting my native resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wheres the option to select 1920x1080 in the latest build?
Do you mean screen resolution or internal resolution?
Selecting fullscreen resolution was removed from the UI as there is never a reason to change it off of auto unless you're on a CRT, which is a very niche case. The confusion of which setting to change to make Dolphin prettier was the primary motivator. Also I hate pointless settings.

Internal Resolution, what you most definitely want, is in Enhancements.
@Helios: I am working on an Arcade Cabinet. Mainly for LightGun Shooters (but it will contain my complete games library). And i'll need an CRT for the LightGuns to work (am looking for a Sony PVM-20L5, but my Sony Trinitron KD-36XS955 will do the job untill i find one).
Now i'm wondering, will i get resolution problems with Dolphin? I normaly use Exclusive Fullscreen and 3x IR.
You shouldn't have any issues! Especially since the GameCube and Wii don't have any lightgun games.
(03-09-2019, 11:53 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Selecting fullscreen resolution was removed from the UI as there is never a reason to change it off of auto unless you're on a CRT, which is a very niche case. The confusion of which setting to change to make Dolphin prettier was the primary motivator. Also I hate pointless settings.

Internal Resolution, what you most definitely want, is in Enhancements.

Yes. It says 3x native (1920x1584) for 1080p. If i remember correctly, there was a setting for 1920x1080 previously.
There was not, it's always been like that.
(03-09-2019, 12:32 PM)RemagOrter Wrote: [ -> ]@Helios: I am working on an Arcade Cabinet. Mainly for LightGun Shooters (but it will contain my complete games library). And i'll need an CRT for the LightGuns to work (am looking for a Sony PVM-20L5, but my Sony Trinitron KD-36XS955 will do the job untill i find one).
Now i'm wondering, will i get resolution problems with Dolphin? I normaly use Exclusive Fullscreen and 3x IR.

No. Dolphin should still just use whatever resolution you have set in the OS.

(03-09-2019, 12:35 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have any issues! Especially since the GameCube and Wii don't have any lightgun games.

I think they meant that would using a CRT because they need it for non-dolphin things be a problem for Dolphin.
(03-09-2019, 12:47 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]There was not, it's always been like that.

Okay. Can you add a 1920x1080 resolution?
No. Support for fractional IRs were removed because it broke games. Use 3x for 1080p
Pages: 1 2 3