Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Shadow the Hedghog Is Very Buggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wondering if it's something in my settings or if current Dolphin is bugged.

[Image: unknown.png]
I get constant problems with the game, like random crashes (100% chance in bosses) and glitchy cutscenes.
You have Asynchronous (Skip Drawing) turned on under Shader Compilation. Switch that back to Synchronous, Synchronous (Ubershaders), or Asynchronous (Ubershaders) and see if your problems go away.
Then change Internal Resolution to 3x IR instead of Auto, see if that helps.
(04-23-2018, 02:19 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You have Asynchronous (Skip Drawing) turned on under Shader Compilation. Switch that back to Synchronous, Synchronous (Ubershaders), or Asynchronous (Ubershaders) and see if your problems go away.
Then change Internal Resolution to 3x IR instead of Auto, see if that helps.

I changed it to Asynchronous (Skip Drawing) because the game keeps on lagging. I'll change it back anyway.

OK, it didn't crash this time, but I still get the cutscene glitches and bad slowdown with explosions and magma.

Edit: WOW, after starting a new game, this happened:

[Image: unknown.png]
If you change it to Asynchronous (Ubershaders), it shouldn't lag, unless you're using OGL with an Nvidia card. Also, try verifying your ISO's md5 to make sure the rip is good.
(04-24-2018, 07:31 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]If you change it to Asynchronous (Ubershaders), it shouldn't lag, unless you're using OGL with an Nvidia card. Also, try verifying your ISO's md5 to make sure the rip is good.

c93225c1a4f1fa4aad5d1dd330293c1a PAL version.
I´d go to Documents/Dolphin Emulator and clear all the game´s shaders that were generated.
Thanks for the help so far, but I still get some slowdown and the cutscenes still glitch.
(04-24-2018, 11:47 AM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help so far, but I still get some slowdown and the cutscenes still glitch.

AFAIK the cutscenes are not realtime rendering but are CGI/FMV, so what exactly "glitches"?

Slowdowns might be because you are using an AMD-CPU, it's easily checked if that is the case by turning off all Enhancements (or at the very least no AA and AF) and setting Internal Resolution to 1x > Still slow? then your CPU is too slow.
(04-24-2018, 04:19 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK the cutscenes are not realtime rendering but are CGI/FMV, so what exactly "glitches"?

Slowdowns might be because you are using an AMD-CPU, it's easily checked if that is the case by turning off all Enhancements (or at the very least no AA and AF) and setting Internal Resolution to 1x > Still slow? then your CPU is too slow.

Character models for character twist and distort for a split-second in cutscenes and I've only had that issue with more recent versions of Dolphin.

Oh and the game still crashes at the last level/boss.
Your MD5 matches what gametdb says is a good copy of the game.

Did you check to make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed and have the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia.com?
Pages: 1 2 3