Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: bug resident evil 4 version wii ,android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
italiano
buonasera a tutti,
ho inserito questo post per segnalare un bug presente sul gioco residentevil 4, che in pratica non permette l avanzamento nel gioco.
il bug si presenta nella versione wii ,nel punto in cui leon arriva alla chiesa dove e ostaggio sherry ,
andando poco più avanti si arriva in una zona paludosa è li che il gioco da problemi gravi ,si rallenta in modo da non permettere al giocatore di giocare, in più lo schermo diventa quasi del tutto bianco con delle strisce verticali sul fianco sinistro e appare ripetutamente l allarme di errore cpu ,fino a quel punto il gioco wii scorre limpido ,mentre la versione gamecub da problemi poco prima ,ma ancora non ho verificato se in quel punto dia lo stesso problema ,le versioni provate per l'emulazione sono dalla 5.0-6126 alla 5.0-6150 dopodichè il gioco diventa in giocabile fino all'ultima versione postata, poiché in quell caso anche dall'inizio del gioco il personaggio non viene visualizzato,per resident evil e r. e. zero è il contrario fino alla versione 5.0-6150 i personaggi e alcune texture non vengono visualizzati mentre nelle versioni dopo sembra funzionare bene.non so se abbiate gia provveduto a questo bug ma essendo uno dei giochi più apprezzati su consol ,credo sia necessario cercare di farlo funzionare nelle ultime vostre versioni ,in più vi suggerisco di inserire nella wiki le versioni dove il gioco giri bene in modo che gli utenti sappiano gia quale versione usare e non comunicare cosi errori gia comunicati.

english
Good evening to everyone,
I inserted this post to report a bug on the game residentevil 4, which in practice does not allow progress in the game.
the bug appears in the wii version, at the point where leon arrives at the church where sherry hostage,
going a little further you arrive in a swampy area and there that the game from serious problems, slows down so as not to allow the player to play, plus the screen becomes almost entirely white with vertical stripes on the left side and appears repeatedly the cpu error alarm, up to that point the wii game runs limpid, while the gamecub version from problems just before, but I still have not checked if at that point give the same problem, the versions tested for emulation are from 5.0- 6126 at 5.0-6150 after which the game becomes playable until the last version posted, since in that case even from the beginning of the game the character is not displayed, for resident evil and r. is. zero is the opposite until the version 5.0-6150 the characters and some textures are not displayed while in the later versions it seems to work fine.I do not know if you have already provided for this bug but being one of the most appreciated games on consol, I think you need to try to make it work in your latest versions, plus I suggest you insert in the wiki versions where the game runs well so that users already know which version to use and do not communicate such errors already communicated.

test:
huawei p10 plus :
Android 7.0 Emotion UI 5.1 Nougat,
Huawei Hisilicon Kirin 960,
4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 + 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53,
Mali-G71 MP8,6 GB,
30 fps
RE4 uses dual-source blending, which currently relies on an extension not implemented by the Arm Mali GPU driver on android. This is known to cause visual corruption on RE4 (colored screen overlay, completely black screen) that stops RE4 being playable. Note, this is *just* a graphics issue, any "cpu errors" are likely not related to this issue, and may need further debugging once the currently known graphics issue is fixed.

I have a PR implementing this using a different path that the Android drivers /do/ support - hopefully this will be merged soon into master and into the development builds (there's a few small issues that I'm fixing as we speak).

If you're impatient, you can see the current prototype for this here https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6141 and get an APK to test from https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-6141-d...latest.apk

It's also unlikely this will help with any performance issues - generally Android platforms simply don't have the power to guarantee all games to be playable, especially taking thermal limits into account often causing throttling. There's no real solution to this that dolphin can implement itself as it's often hardware limits.
(01-06-2018, 05:58 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]RE4 uses dual-source blending, which currently relies on an extension not implemented by the Arm Mali GPU driver on android. This is known to cause visual corruption on RE4 (colored screen overlay, completely black screen) that stops RE4 being playable. Note, this is *just* a graphics issue, any "cpu errors" are likely not related to this issue, and may need further debugging once the currently known graphics issue is fixed.

I have a PR implementing this using a different path that the Android drivers /do/ support - hopefully this will be merged soon into master and into the development builds (there's a few small issues that I'm fixing as we speak).

If you're impatient, you can see the current prototype for this here https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6141 and get an APK to test from https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-6141-d...latest.apk

It's also unlikely this will help with any performance issues - generally Android platforms simply don't have the power to guarantee all games to be playable, especially taking thermal limits into account often causing throttling. There's no real solution to this that dolphin can implement itself as it's often hardware limits.

proverò l'apk da te suggeritami e segnalerò eventuali problemi o miglioramenti,grazie del tuo aiuto.

[color=#212121]I will try the apk you suggest and I will report any problems or improvements, thanks for your help.[/color]

[color=#212121]ho appena verificato con la nuova apk il gioco sembra non subire bug vi aggiornerò nei prossimi giorni completando il gioco se necessita di altri supporti .dovreste inserire il link apk nella wiki almeno per i giocatori android.[/color]

[color=#212121]
[color=#212121]I just checked with the new apk the game seems not to suffer bugs I will update you in the coming days by completing the game if you need other supports.
[color=#212121]you should enter the apk link in the wiki at least for android players.[/color]
[/color]
[/color]
This was merged into master today - so long as you have the development version 5.0-6152 or later it's no longer necessary to use the custom build.
(01-06-2018, 04:07 PM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]This was merged into master today - so long as you have the development version 5.0-6152 or later it's no longer necessary to use the custom build.

quindi ora posso installare la 6152 e risolvere cosi anche il problema di r.e.  zero e 1 giusto? 

[color=#212121]so now I can install 6152 and solve the problem of e.g. zero and 1 right?[/color]
(01-06-2018, 08:16 PM)cloudgames Wrote: [ -> ]quindi ora posso installare la 6152 e risolvere cosi anche il problema di r.e.  zero e 1 giusto? 

[color=#212121]so now I can install 6152 and solve the problem of e.g. zero and 1 right?[/color]
ita
ho installato l'ultima versione sembra andare a gonfie vele .almeno per cio che riguarda r.e.4

[color=#212121]eng
[color=#212121]I installed the latest version seems to be booming. at least for what concerns r.e.4[/color]
[/color]
(01-06-2018, 09:55 PM)cloudgames Wrote: [ -> ]ita
ho installato l'ultima versione sembra andare a gonfie vele .almeno per cio che riguarda r.e.4

[color=#212121]eng
[color=#212121]I installed the latest version seems to be booming. at least for what concerns r.e.4[/color]
[/color]
Interesting - is there any chance you can post the shader file it's talking about (Or files that start with "bad_" in the folder /sdcard/dolphin-emu/Dump/)

You should be able to copy them using an android file manager, pull them using 'adb', or access them from a computer.
(01-08-2018, 12:05 PM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting - is there any chance you can post the shader file it's talking about (Or files that start with "bad_" in the folder /sdcard/dolphin-emu/Dump/)

You should be able to copy them using an android file manager, pull them using 'adb', or access them from a computer.
[color=#212121]the file should be this[/color]

[color=#212121]il file dovrebbe essere questo
[/color]
Pages: 1 2