Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some suggestions for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, i have a few suggestions for dolphin.
  • Option to enable the status bar again.
  • Option to choose what we want the status bar to show. I personally only want the status bar to show my fps.
  • Option to have the sound muted if you minimize dolphin to the taskbar.
  • Option to easily change gamenames, such as right clicking on a game and changing its name.
  • Option to choose a windowed resolution, without changing the internal resolution. Project 64 can do this.
  • Option to disable the annoying popup message that says this wad has not been signed by nintendo. (Solved.)
  • Please fix the problem with games not being saved. (See this thread)
  • Please fix the problem with dolphin failing to register the controller sometimes. (See this thread)
Thanks.
(11-04-2017, 03:10 AM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]PJ64 has an option to play games @ 1380x768 in windowed mode with good looking graphics. It's just about the right size on your desktop if you want to use your computer while playing games. It would be great if dolphin had this option as well, its something I miss from PJ64.

Dolphin can already play in Windowed mode. Unless you're talking about custom internal resolutions, in that case, no. It was removed for breaking things.

Quote:Option to automatically pause dolphin if you minimize it to your taskbar.

Dolphin already supports pausing on focus loss. It's somewhere in Config UI.

Quote:Direct input seems to be bugged. If I connect my gamesir g3s controller, dolphin shows 4 different controllers. PJ64 has no problems connecting my controller.

Probably because p64 doesn't care which controller you're trying to configure and your controller is stupid for some reason and exposes several controllers (How does that work in any PC game ever? It probably doesn't)

My suggestion is to use an xinput wrapper like x360ce and then use that to configure dolphin.
(11-04-2017, 04:34 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin can already play in Windowed mode. Unless you're talking about custom internal resolutions, in that case, no. It was removed for breaking things.

Im talking about selecting a windowed resolution, without changing the internal resolution. Project 64 can do this. I personally like to play my games @ 1380x768.

(11-04-2017, 04:34 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because p64 doesn't care which controller you're trying to configure and your controller is stupid for some reason and exposes several controllers (How does that work in any PC game ever? It probably doesn't)

It only happens with dolphin and not with other emulators. Its definitely not the controller.

(11-04-2017, 04:34 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin already supports pausing on focus loss. It's somewhere in Config UI.

Yes, but i only want dolphin to mute the sound. I dont want dolphin to pause my game. Sometimes its nice to minimize dolphin if theres a cutscene in a game that i have seen a million times before. The only problem is, that the sound continues to play if i minimize dolphin. Setting dolphin to pause the game isnt a solution, because it also pauses the cutscene and prevents it from finishing. So a simple option to mute the sound when dolphin is minimized would be good.
(12-28-2017, 11:28 AM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work, the emulator still continues after minimizing with this option enabled.

try downloading the latest dev version

ShawnFox30

my suggestion is add the emulated Rock Band Drum Kit for those rock band games that cant read the guitar hero drum kit
(12-29-2017, 03:21 AM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]try downloading the latest dev version

I found out the issue, you have to restart dolphin after selecting pause on focus lost.
Would be great if the devs would work on some of these suggestions, i think they are reasonable suggestions.
(11-04-2017, 03:10 AM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]Option to change game names.

Already implemented: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...#pid402429

(11-04-2017, 03:10 AM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]Option to show the gamecube bios when you start a game.

Already implemented. First you need to dump the IPL, then you need to put the dump in one of the following locations in the Dolphin user folder (depending on the region):

GC/EUR/IPL.bin
GC/JAP/IPL.bin
GC/USA/IPL.bin

Then you need to turn off the setting "Skip Main Menu" in the GameCube tab. (It's called "Skip BIOS" if you're using an older version such as 5.0.)
(01-07-2018, 09:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Already implemented: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...#pid402429

Sorry, but thats a very clumsy way of doing it and its not user friendly at all. It also doesnt work because the gamenames changes back again.

P.S my gamesir g3s controller no longer works with dolphin. I have tried all the suggestions i found on this forum without luck.
Ok, just tried doing a reset and choosing keyboard instead of my controller.

Now I can't even click on anything let alone play my games. Very frustrating. Seems like im getting nothing but issues with dolphin lately.
Pages: 1 2 3 4