Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox 360 Controller Configuration Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do I need to do to get my Xbox 360 controller to work with dolphin? I searched the forum and seen that I need to use the KB/X360pad plugin, but I can't configure the buttons. What am I doing wrong? The controller is brand new. I just purchased it today.

BTW....I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Dolphin Unofficial SVN build 4525, and I already installed the Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64-bit for Windows 7 from microsoft.com.
You don't configure the buttons. Just make sure it's enabled in the plugin, and "standard controller" is set for the port in main dolphin settings. It is statically mapped to the GC pad layout.
Didn't work. I still can't do anything with the controller. I even tried older builds and it still didn't work. Where am I screwing up?
"... Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64-bit for Windows 7 from ..." dunno what that is, but you don't need it. Just run windows update and you should be good to go as far as drivers for this go.

...and you are talking about the wired one, right? Or, you have the PC wireless "base station" thingy for the wireless ones?
Controller working in other games?
Yes, I'm talking about the wired one. I ran windows update and installed the driver that was provided. I'll try un-installing the Xbox 360 Accessories and see if it works after that.

Nope. Still nothing.
(11-13-2009, 01:37 PM)adrian2055 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I'm talking about the wired one. I ran windows update and installed the driver that was provided. I'll try un-installing the Xbox 360 Accessories and see if it works after that.

Nope. Still nothing.

I found a solution. When you set this up in the wiimote settings it shows your analogs and you can actually use them fine, however the buttons are limited to keyboard only. The way I fixed it was setting this up to use the 360 analogs setting the nun-chuck analog to the left 360 analog. Then using JoyToKey a free controller mapper, I mapped the buttons to the keys used. The tough part is figuring out what input in JoyToKey is what button on the controller. But thats the fix, works great.
Click on Wiimote.
Uncheck connect Real Wiimote
Choose Nunchuck in the emulated extensions dropdown
click button mapping
Choose Controller
Set both dead zones to 35% trust me its annoying if u dont.
for the triggers set the input to XInput
Under the Nunchuck options choose to use Analog 1
I recommend setting the wiimote directions to the 360 Dpad as well as the right analog either or is fine.
You cannot use controller inputs, instead you will use the keyboard shortcut and bind it to the controller button using Joy2Key, for example if i press "A" on the controller it types "]" which is the key bound to the function.
Just play with all the options in joy2key, you can configure every part of it.
Last thing to point out is the tilt left and right. In joy Axis3(<0) and Axis3(>0) are left and right triggers. You have to choose to use axis's other than X and Y under other settings.
I would set the tilt to the triggers and then "Shake" to either left bumper or Back button.

Well that was my quick sloppy guide to setting up the 360 Controller in Dolphin Big Grin
(11-13-2009, 01:37 PM)stunts Wrote: [ -> ]Controller working in other games?

I tried it with other emulators and the buttons worked, but the character automatically went up and I couldn't use the analog sticks or the d-pad. It won't wok on dolphin at all.
Could this be an issue with windows 7?
Mine works fine in win7
Pages: 1 2 3 4