Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox 360 Controller Configuration Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(11-13-2009, 04:30 PM)Jackel159 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2009, 01:37 PM)adrian2055 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I'm talking about the wired one. I ran windows update and installed the driver that was provided. I'll try un-installing the Xbox 360 Accessories and see if it works after that.

Nope. Still nothing.

I found a solution. When you set this up in the wiimote settings it shows your analogs and you can actually use them fine, however the buttons are limited to keyboard only. The way I fixed it was setting this up to use the 360 analogs setting the nun-chuck analog to the left 360 analog. Then using JoyToKey a free controller mapper, I mapped the buttons to the keys used. The tough part is figuring out what input in JoyToKey is what button on the controller. But thats the fix, works great.
Click on Wiimote.
Uncheck connect Real Wiimote
Choose Nunchuck in the emulated extensions dropdown
click button mapping
Choose Controller
Set both dead zones to 35% trust me its annoying if u dont.
for the triggers set the input to XInput
Under the Nunchuck options choose to use Analog 1
I recommend setting the wiimote directions to the 360 Dpad as well as the right analog either or is fine.
You cannot use controller inputs, instead you will use the keyboard shortcut and bind it to the controller button using Joy2Key, for example if i press "A" on the controller it types "]" which is the key bound to the function.
Just play with all the options in joy2key, you can configure every part of it.
Last thing to point out is the tilt left and right. In joy Axis3(<0) and Axis3(>0) are left and right triggers. You have to choose to use axis's other than X and Y under other settings.
I would set the tilt to the triggers and then "Shake" to either left bumper or Back button.

Well that was my quick sloppy guide to setting up the 360 Controller in Dolphin Big Grin

I didn't see this when I posted earlier. I will try it.
(11-14-2009, 01:10 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine works fine in win7

Weird. I can't do anything with mine.
im in windows 7 and its fine, do u have the latest build. i got 4525 and the analogs move the red dots in the button config
(11-14-2009, 02:18 AM)Jackel159 Wrote: [ -> ]im in windows 7 and its fine, do u have the latest build. i got 4525 and the analogs move the red dots in the button config

Yes, I do have the latest build and the red dots do nothing for me. It moved once and hasn't done anything since.
post a pic of the config page Smile
did you download the drivers from here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downlo...ory=Gaming
You might have installed those new drivers from microsoft for common controllers by mistake. But if you didnt try downloading from that link then restart the computer. If you dont get anything still tell me.
Perhaps your config files got f'ed up.. you can try mine that work just back up yours and replace them with mine.
They are located in \Dolphin_Win32_r4525\User\Config
ill attach the config files in a zip, they are adjusted to work with joy2key

[attachment=1545]

And here is my joy2key config that will make it really easy instead of finding what button is what option. Just replace that as well.
[attachment=1546]
(11-14-2009, 02:33 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]post a pic of the config page Smile

Here it is. I can't configure anything on it. It's just stuck like this.
dude you gotta uncheck Connect Real Wiimote then choose nunchuck under Emulated Extentions
I just unchecked it and used the config from the files you uploaded. The buttons were recognized in joy2key, but it didn't do anything ingame plus I still can't get the d-pad or agalog sticks working.
hmm well then the last thing to fix is dolphin. Did you use those drivers that are from the link I posted before? and did you notice any difference between using dolphin.exe and dolphinil.exe?
The very last thing i would suggest is to find out what kind of motherboard you have, its model and make and search the company's website and find the drivers for it. Specifically chipset and usb drivers. You might have better luck after updating all that.
Because im going crazy with this im posting screenshots of all relevent settings Just compare every little thing and i bet one of the settings was the problem in dolphin. It sounds like the controller works fine, i think we missed something in dolphin. I highlighted all the important settings in the printscreen I made. Good luck.
[attachment=1548]
(11-14-2009, 05:17 AM)Jackel159 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm well then the last thing to fix is dolphin. Did you use those drivers that are from the link I posted before? and did you notice any difference between using dolphin.exe and dolphinil.exe?
The very last thing i would suggest is to find out what kind of motherboard you have, its model and make and search the company's website and find the drivers for it. Specifically chipset and usb drivers. You might have better luck after updating all that.
Because im going crazy with this im posting screenshots of all relevent settings Just compare every little thing and i bet one of the settings was the problem in dolphin. It sounds like the controller works fine, i think we missed something in dolphin. I highlighted all the important settings in the printscreen I made. Good luck.

This is an issue with dolphin. I just tried to plug in an old saitek controller and use the njoy plugin that I was using before to play a gamecube game and the buttons were messed up. When I tried to re-configure them everything pops up as 1001. I clicked on L, R, A, B, X, Y and Z to try and set them and it always pops up as 1001. You can see whan I'm talking about in the screenshot. What the heck is this?

BTW...To answer your last message, I changed the settings based on the screenshots you uploaded (I had several things wrong) and still nothing happened. Dolphinil.exe works faster with gaming. All my drivers are up to date and the motherboard is a dell motherboard. The bios is up to date too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4