Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough - Any Compatible Dongles Actually Available (UK)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't find any dongles listed on the 'adaptor test results' here: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough (green) in the UK. The closest I could find was a '[color=#663366]CSR 8510 A10 (Generic)' (orange) and I can't get it to work. If anyone has a link to where I can buy a compatible (green) dongle at a reasonable price in the UK it'd be appreciated.[/color]
[color=#663366]Cheers,[/color]
I've tried few modules, but final was that i bought original Wii BT module from china (on ebay) and soldered USB cable ...
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...c-usb-port

It's best what you can get, plus it's cheap (if you have some manual skills) Smile
(07-20-2017, 01:22 AM)barat Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried few modules, but final was that i bought original Wii BT module from china (on ebay) and soldered USB cable ...
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...c-usb-port

It's best what you can get, plus it's cheap (if you have some manual skills) Smile

Cheers, but I really don't have any soldiering skills lol - I'm also looking for something more discreet...
Most dongles actually work. It's very rare for them to be so broken even connecting doesn't work. Your issue may be caused by incorrect configuration.
(07-25-2017, 04:59 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Most dongles actually work. It's very rare for them to be so broken even connecting doesn't work. Your issue may be caused by incorrect configuration.

Hi Leolam, apologies for the delay. From my research it seems that only certain old bluetooth (2.0) dongles are behaving as expected? I've tried a few new (4.0) dongles and via normal bluetooth settings I can only connect 1/2 wiimotes, and I'm struggling to get passthrough to work for any of them (following the instructions on the wiki page)...
No, 4.0 dongles work as well. What issue are you having exactly?
(08-09-2017, 12:08 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]No, 4.0 dongles work as well. What issue are you having exactly?

So with the CSR 8510 A10 dongle via the normal bluetooth settings I can connect 2 wiimotes so problem, but no more than that will connect for some reason. I have 6 (official) wiimotes, and they all connect, just no more than 2. When I try running a game with the passthrough mode enabled, I get stuck on a black screen.
Hmm, if it's a black screen, then it is definitely the adapter.
(08-09-2017, 12:57 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, if it's a black screen, then it is definitely the adapter.

Ah ok, I'll grab a new one then - is there a certain brand/model you could recommend? Smile
Preferably on the BCM2045 2.0 or BCM20702 4.0 "my stutter due to some unknown power saving instructions" are the ones that offer the best compatibility the ideal and solder the original bluetooth wii that is based on BCM2045
Pages: 1 2 3 4