Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin use one CPU ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CPU load allways 50% (i have dualcore cpu) how to make dolphin use dual core for x2 speedup?

Dolphin GPU usage low, 30-50% max.

I check Dual Core mode, but dolphin use only one core.

[Image: vvFJC6R.png]

FPS need 30, but i got ~20 FPS and only 45-50% CPU usage ( need 100% )
What is your processor? 50% CPU usage doesn't mean only one core is being used, use MSI Afterburner to see per core usage.
(03-07-2017, 01:00 AM)Guilherme Wrote: [ -> ]What is your processor? 50% CPU usage doesn't mean only one core is being used, use MSI Afterburner to see per core usage.

50% of CPU is one core.  (2x core with 2.200Ghz, 50% is one core !)

my CPU - dual core.
Dolphin works on two hard working threads (As well as a million irrelevant threads), the CPU emulation thread, and the GPU emulation thread.

Usually this means that Dolphin will max two cores. One scenario where this won't happen is if your GPU is too weak to quickly process everything the GPU emulation thread wants to do. So the GPU emulation thread spends a relatively long time doing nothing as it waits for your GPU to finish rendering before moving on.

tl;dr: Your GPU is bottlenecking the GPU emulation thread.
[Image: vvFJC6R.png]

50% GPU usage, ~50% CPU usage

for example if I choose 2x native textures, i got 90-100% GPU usage, and 30% CPU usage. (with 10FPS)

but here only 50% GPU usage, and 50% CPU. (in one core 100% usage)
HOW TO TEST DUAL CORE MODE IN DOLPHIN? (MULTICPU, 100% CPU USAGE)

i see only 50% cpu usage in all time.
Your PC does not meet the minimum requirement , no one has 256MB video card these days
Your CPU is also too old and slow . You just waste your time
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#which-...ould-i-use
(03-07-2017, 02:14 AM)altstart Wrote: [ -> ]HOW TO TEST DUAL CORE MODE IN DOLPHIN? (MULTICPU, 100% CPU USAGE)

There is no such thing as a mode in Dolphin that always will use two cores fully. The only case where that happens (ignoring things you shouldn't be using, like DSP LLE) is if you're lucky enough to have the same load on the CPU emulation thread and the GPU emulation thread while also not having a bottleneck on the host GPU.
MY GPU:
MEMORY : 256MB
CLOCK : 600 Mhz
Shader clock : 1400 Mhz
Memory clock : 800 Mhz

This is not very bad, only memory but dolphin can use installed RAM memory (i have 2x 4GB dual channel ddr2)

Dolphin use only 50% gpu on default settings, but FPS in ZeldaTP : slow to 10-15 with 50% CPU and 50% GPU usage, i don't see dolphin multicore mode. (Only 50-55% CPU usage, this is one core)
50-55% CPU usage does not mean only one core. It can also mean that the 2 cores each have a load of 25%

Edit: and your GPU information tells us nothing we didn't already know. What we need to know is the model, like a Nvidia GTX 770 or an AMD 7750. Something like that.
Pages: 1 2 3