Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin use one CPU ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I select "Software render" and got only 50% CPU usage. Dolphin can't use two cores on my PC? (or SoftwareRender use one CPU ?)
LOL!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I compile Dolphin in Visual Studio 2017 and got 80-90% CPU usage, 60-70 GPU usage, and allways 28-30FPS in ZeldaTP!!!!!!!
(change optimization to "Custom", select all options to optimize code (disable all protections, enable all optimize options, etc)

Problem solved!
(03-07-2017, 03:50 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]"You can't make Dolphin use every single CPU cycle on two cores, and you can't run Dolphin fast enough if you don't have good hardware." -JosJuice

This is something no one will ever understand.

What do you think about a simplified version:

"Dolphin can't use more than one core. You need a single fast core for fast emulation. Everything else is just luck."

(03-07-2017, 04:45 PM)altstart Wrote: [ -> ]I compile Dolphin in Visual Studio 2017 and got 80-90% CPU usage, 60-70 GPU usage, and allways 28-30FPS in ZeldaTP!!!!!!!

Very unlikely. Compiler options doesn't affect dolphin performance at all. I bet you're comparing either different settings or different versions.
(03-07-2017, 07:29 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Very unlikely. Compiler options doesn't affect dolphin performance at all. I bet you're comparing either different settings or different versions.

I'm sorry, I lied!

Dolphin with default settings:

1. Default Dolphin latest build.
Zelda fps slow to 15 some time,in some time can be unplayable (slow fps) .
2. Dolphin builded with default settings with 2017 studio.
Allways 28-30 fps in zelda, FPS for some time can be slow to 25 and back to 30.
3. Dolphin build with custom optimize settings.
10 FPS! Big Grin .... (and slow)

(03-07-2017, 07:29 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Very unlikely. Compiler options doesn't affect dolphin performance at all. I bet you're comparing either different settings or different versions.

I do not know why but the Dolphin in the 2017 studio works better!

Now I always play 28-30 frames per second in ZeldaTP. (Max 95% CPU usage and 80% GPU usage)
With default Dolphin (latest build) 15-30 , some time can be unplayable. (Max 50-60% CPU usage)
Because one aspect of your GPU is maxed out, bandwidth/latency in all likelihood. So, your GPU is being used to its fullest, it's just that due to latency between CPU/GPU communication, some parts of your GPU aren't maxed out.

Your computer is maxed out. Period.
Pages: 1 2 3