Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin use one CPU ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-07-2017, 03:05 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]50-55% CPU usage does not mean only one core. It can also mean that the 2 cores each have a load of 25%

yes, but dolphin not use all cpu speed, and not give me full FPS speed
i can select for process one cpu, and speed can not be changed.
(03-07-2017, 03:07 AM)altstart Wrote: [ -> ]yes, but dolphin not use all cpu speed, and not give me full FPS speed

That's just how it is. You can't make Dolphin use every single CPU cycle on two cores, and you can't run Dolphin fast enough if you don't have good hardware.
"You can't make Dolphin use every single CPU cycle on two cores, and you can't run Dolphin fast enough if you don't have good hardware." -JosJuice

This is something no one will ever understand. I would love to see the minimum system requirements: NSMB requirements, recommended system requirements: Twilight Princess requirements and Advised system requirements: Last Story/Xenoblade/Rogue Squadron games requirements before you see the "Download" button on the main page.

That should make these kind of threads a whole lot less.
Do you have the dual core option enabled in Dolphin? It's under config -> general.

If you use something like efb to ram (efb to texture only disabled), then you can end up with less than 100% usage of one cpu core as well as less than 100% usage of the gpu. With efb to ram, the cpu and the gpu are waiting on each other a lot. Enable efb to texture only, if you haven't done so already. If it needs to be disabled for a game, Dolphin will automatically do it.

But honestly, i doubt that you cpu can run any games at full speed. Amd cpus are bad for Dolphin, and yours only clocks at 2 Ghz on top of that.
(03-07-2017, 03:56 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the dual core option enabled in Dolphin? It's under config -> general.

It shows in the pictures that dual core is enabled.
(03-07-2017, 03:50 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]"You can't make Dolphin use every single CPU cycle on two cores, and you can't run Dolphin fast enough if you don't have good hardware." -JosJuice

This is something no one will ever understand. I would love to see the minimum system requirements: NSMB requirements, recommended system requirements: Twilight Princess requirements and Advised system requirements: Last Story/Xenoblade/Rogue Squadron games requirements before you see the "Download" button on the main page.

That should make these kind of threads a whole lot less.

Implying somebody would read it. Smile

We have specs in the FAQ. We state old AMD CPUs are bad for Dolphin. OP is hitting the problem of not having good specs for Dolphin as we've defined in the FAQ, yet they're here anyways.

With how much performance improves in development builds for different games, maintaining a generalized requirement sheet for a few games is annoying and requires a lot of configurations to test. If we were to crowd source that from users, it's hard to trust that users know how to test properly, or that their OS is set up correctly.
(03-07-2017, 03:28 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's just how it is. You can't make Dolphin use every single CPU cycle on two cores, and you can't run Dolphin fast enough if you don't have good hardware.

(03-07-2017, 05:27 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Implying somebody would read it. Smile

We have specs in the FAQ. We state old AMD CPUs are bad for Dolphin. OP is hitting the problem of not having good specs for Dolphin as we've defined in the FAQ, yet they're here anyways.

With how much performance improves in development builds for different games, maintaining a generalized requirement sheet for a few games is annoying and requires a lot of configurations to test. If we were to crowd source that from users, it's hard to trust that users know how to test properly, or that their OS is set up correctly.

I actually meant: take the specs you need for "solid 100% (or very minor slowdown in specific places)" NSMB as the minimum spec, the specs you need for "solid 100% (or very minor slowdown in specific places)" TLoZ:TP as medium spec and the specs you need for "solid 100%(or very minor slowdown in specific places)" XBC as top spec.

Although TLoZ:TP might not be a good one since one might need the Hyrule field hack, but any average load game would do.

But specs in the FAQ (which you have to open first) is another hoop for users to jump through. Putting them RIGHT THERE where you can see them BEFORE you download... then they can NEVER deny that they didn't see it Smile
We also put on the downloads page, right smack on top of dev builds, that you need the VS2015 runtimes installed. Yet we get users all the time making threads saying Dolphin won't launch due to errors related to VS2015 runtimes not being installed.

Users do not read.

Users do not read.
(03-07-2017, 06:49 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Yet we get users all the time making threads saying Dolphin won't launch due to errors related to VS2015 runtimes not being installed.

Or rather, we used to. I haven't seen any threads recently about people having that problem with the development builds, probably because the 5.0 stable release installer automatically installs it. (Now we just get a small amount of threads about Windows installs where the runtimes won't install even if you try.) But the point stands, there are always people who miss info even if it's right next to where you download.
But why Dolphin not use 100% cpu if GPU use only 40-50% ?

if my gpu is bad, dolphin need to use 100% GPU

Problem in my AMD cpu ?

[color=white]Dolphin uses OpenMP for Dual Core mode ?[/color]
Pages: 1 2 3