Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: It's here: Dolphin 5.0 Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
We have a huge article and video for everyone to see.  Thanks to all of our supporters over the years!  Enjoy~

[Image: 5-0releaseheadermini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/06/24/...0-release/

Namenlos

This is a great milestone, congratulations to people involved!

Is there a plan for an updated benchmark povray benchmark? Would be nice to see it be used in more reviews.
Epic moment, congratulations, Dolphin Team Rocks! Big Grin
About time Big Grin

Looks like I should upgrade. I mean, I'm still on 4.0-5743...

FYI, forum support for 4.0 and 4.0-xxxx is gone with 5.0 released, so upgrade now...
Dolphin 5.0 shows what a well organized open source project is able to achieve. While 4.0 (or rather 4.0.2) was a bit of a lackluster for the actual users because it sacrificed too much performance, 5.0 delivered on all fronts. Very impressive, congrats!
(Now the only big bad ugly flaw around is shader cache stuttering Wink )
Nah, I just stick with the latest development builds, already starting at 5.0-9. So I guess now that 5.0 is released the feature freeze is finally over? I honestly can not wait for what the developers have planned next. Could it be really true? Ubershaders? Vulcan backend? Hybrid XFB Copies? Locked EFB/XFB Copies? The mere thought of it already starts me drooling over my monitor. The scripting feature sounds nice, besides writing an AI for Super Smash Bros. Melee, could we expect more applications of use for it?

Long live Dolphin! I may not be a developer, but I certainly try to contribute to the Dolphin cause by searching for quality enhancement AR / Gecko Codes, creating texture packs and bug reporting. Keep it up, Dolphin team!
This is a great day for emulation enthusiasts!!

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, Dolphin is an absolutely wonderful emulator and now it's better than ever! Big Grin
Great

About this:

Direct3D10/OpenGL3 Required. This means AMD Radeon 4xxx, NVIDIA "GeForce 8xxx", or Intel HD 2xxx minimum! Anything older than that will most likely not work or will have significant glitches.

GTX TITAN, T BLACK and Z are 7xxx series and supports them.....
Geforce 8200m is the worst GFX card that can support Dolphin. Geforce GTX 760 is newer than that. It's NVIDIA's weird numbering.

CynicalDooDad

Congratulations on the new release, and thanks for all the hard work!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6