Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: It's here: Dolphin 5.0 Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thanks dolphin team, great newsSmile Really cool work.
Question: how does 5.0 differ compared to the latest build mentioned in the most recent Progress Update?
My one question is, HOW!? Seriously... This is just an amazing achievement! I just tested StarFox Adventures on the new 5.0 release and the shadows are fixed, the crippling 100% GPU utilization is gone and aside from a little shader stutter, it's locked at 60FPS like it doesn't care. I was using a DEV build only a few weeks old that couldn't do this! Truly awesome guys. Keep it up! I will be looking forward to Dolphin 6.0! Big Grin
(06-25-2016, 08:15 AM)I.S.T. Wrote: [ -> ]Question: how does 5.0 differ compared to the latest build mentioned in the most recent Progress Update?

Pretty much no differences at all!
I had a feeling it was mostly minor stuff an end user wouldn't notice, but is important to the program. Thanks for the info, MaJoR. I haven't updated in a long time so it matters little, I guess, but I was curious.

Dundalk23

(06-25-2016, 07:20 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]git clone https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin.git
git checkout tags/5.0
(build steps)

hey me and a friend are having a problem where we are in the same game but when we start a match to fight against each other in any game we play, the game is out of sync.

1.couldnt use just one memory card . ( like melee , if one host unlocks all stages and other doesnt, it becomes undetectable and forces game to lose "Sync"

i want to say we weren't in the same game.. but we were in the same game. its a very difficult thing to explain but im thinking its a memory card problem that forces the games to slip between each other. honestly i really dont know.
Wait, if folders for GC memory cards & savedata is possible, then wouldn't that mean using a folder for the Wii SD card and its contents also be possible?
There's a netplay setup guide. If you're desyncing, it'd be good to look that up.
(06-25-2016, 04:08 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, if folders for GC memory cards & savedata is possible, then wouldn't that mean using a folder for the Wii SD card and its contents also be possible?

Nope. SD Card emulation is completely different and way more complex, so it's not as simple as it sounds...
Where do I donate?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6