Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
emmm...

======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

nikgary

Hi,
According to me,Windows 7 is best.Because Windows 7 is a vast improvement from Vista as it takes up much less ram and has other optimizations such as fast booting times. I recommend Windows 7, and if you really don't want vista and don't want to wait for the final version of Windows 7, you can download a copy of the Release Candidate from the Microsoft website for free and use it up till June of 2010. I am working with the Release Candidate right now and so far I have absolutely no complaints, considering Im a heavy computer use with advanced software.
People don't forget that in vista or win7 the desktop window manager can use 1-3% of your CPU and 20-100megs of ram at all times. Type services.msc in the run box and right click on it and select stop to disable (you will loose your nice see thru effects lol but surely worth it!?!) I don't know if this has been said before buit i've been doing it ever since vista came out if i've ever had to use it on a slow computer with minimal ram.
(10-27-2009, 09:47 PM)jonford123 Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, it's really just a major update of Vista. Such as Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Snow Leopard.

I think you meant "Mac OSX Snow Leopard vs. Leopard"?

Good comparison btw. Although I've heard the differences in performance between 64bit Vista and 7 are not as great as with the 32bit versions - is that true? Forgive me if I'm wrong because I never used the two consistently (actually, I haven't even seen windows 7 on a Australian computer yet. I don't think it's doing too well in our market).
Far as I know I thought the performance increase would be relative.
Funny you haven't seen much 7 over in aussie, i'm in New Zealand and even here we have it in quite a few stores and systems.
That's interesting stunts, maybe it's just that they haven't gotten stock of the new computers for display running 7. We do have actual software for sale (I don't like the price though Sad ), which is why I was confused seeing all these vista-running computers everywhere. Then again I live in the greater Adelaide region so it wouldn't surprise me if it took them 5 weeks longer than anyone else to put new computers on display.

stuartjems

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Windows 7 before 15 days and it's just amazing.Here I am sharing some experience of Windows 7.

Strengths:
So far it seems to be doing the business with the same speed as XP. Intuitive interface and navigation, uncluttered and easy to follow instructions and very nice to look at too!

Weaknesses:
Not found any yet.

Overall Evaluation:
So far so good, maybe the next worthy evolution of XP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5