Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound lag (3.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay, I've gotten Dolphin 4.02 up and running... Now can I get some help?
Sure.

Your computer has a CPU that is very low end, you could be running into a number of issues!

1. Your CPU is slow.

2. Your GPU is slow. Too slow to push native IR even.

3. Thermal throttling

All of these are very likely!

You can try the latest development release, but it'll probably be slow too.
(04-07-2016, 09:00 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure.

Your computer has a CPU that is very low end, you could be running into a number of issues!

1. Your CPU is slow.

2. Your GPU is slow. Too slow to push native IR even.

3. Thermal throttling

All of these are very likely!

You can try the latest development release, but it'll probably be slow too.

I wanna know what I can do to fix it within Dolphin itself.
Get a better PC. There is nothing Dolphin can do to work around a crappy PC if you're lagging at stock settings.

If a desktop is an option for you, you can build a very very good emulation system that will also play other PC games acceptably for roughly $325~ USD excluding a display
(04-07-2016, 09:07 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a better PC. There is nothing Dolphin can do to work around a crappy PC if you're lagging at stock settings.

If a desktop is an option for you, you can build a very very good emulation system that will also play other PC games acceptably for roughly $325~ USD excluding a display

Oh, great idea! I'll spend the money I can barely use to buy a bag of god damn M&M's to build a new computer with absolutely no knowledge of how to do so!
What a great way to respond to people.

A better way in the future might be "Eh, I can't afford a new system right now, so that isn't an option. Sorry"
(04-07-2016, 09:32 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]What a great way to respond to people.

A better way in the future might be "Eh, I can't afford a new system right now, so that isn't an option. Sorry"

Because simply assuming that I'm rich and mechanically inclined was a good way to make a suggestion.
Since the most common issue of slowdowns is from under-powered computer hardware, there isn't much we can do besides tell the person to upgrade. Sometimes you'll have to save up for a while, its what most people do when they want to buy a new computer that can be expensive, myself included.

Building a computer is actually really easy. If you've ever played with Lego's, you already know the basics. Certain parts only fit in certain slots in a certain way. Unless you're forcing something, you can't mess up.

Since you're running a 64 bit version of Windows, you should get a speedup from going to the latest dev builds in Dolphin. You need to get the Visual Studio Redistributeable x64 2015 download at the top of the Downloads page to have it work properly.
(04-07-2016, 09:07 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]If a desktop is an option for you

I didn't.

I told you to get a better PC because if you want to use Dolphin at full speed, that's what you have to do if you've already tried a dev build. You asked what your options were. I told you what they were, try the dev build, or you'll need a new PC.
Is there anyone that actually wants to HELP and not just make suggestions which you know I can't comply with?
Pages: 1 2 3 4