Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound lag (3.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
And the 4.0 version I installed IS a dev build.
We are helping.

What do you want? A magical solution? There's literally no way around your problem. Your computer is slow.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that's the reality of your situation. I gave you a suggestion to build a new one in the cheapest way possible, and you told me very rudely that wasn't an option.

And you're still being rude.

If you can't build a new system, which I understand, than YOU need to understand that you cannot fix your problem.
So, if you tried the latest development build (4.0-9198 as of this writing) and still get slow speed, there's nothing else you can do other than getting a better computer. There's no magic option inside Dolphin that will make it perform better with your current hardware, it simply isn't fast enough...

EDIT: Ninja'd
(04-07-2016, 10:41 AM)BillyShearsGaming Wrote: [ -> ]And the 4.0 version I installed IS a dev build.

The dev builds aren't "installed" per say, they're extracted from a zip file. The only versions that are installed are the stable builds, which are old and slow.

Also, don't extract a dev build to where you have 4.0/4.02/3.0 installed, as that can cause issues. Extract them to a different folder.
(04-07-2016, 11:48 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The dev builds aren't "installed" per say, they're extracted from a zip file. The only versions that are installed are the stable builds, which are old and slow.

Also, don't extract a dev build to where you have 4.0/4.02/3.0 installed, as that can cause issues. Extract them to a different folder.

It was a zip folder, which I extracted.
For all of you saying that it's because my computer is slow, remember it's just the audio that's having issues. The graphics are running fine.
Emulation is synchronous. If you cannot emulate at full speed, that causes the audio problems.

Emulation could slow down because your GPU isn't fast enough

Emulation could slow down because your CPU isn't fast enough.
(04-07-2016, 11:51 AM)BillyShearsGaming Wrote: [ -> ]For all of you saying that it's because my computer is slow, remember it's just the audio that's having issues. The graphics are running fine.

The audio is slow because your computer can't run Dolphin at fullspeed. Unlike PC games where the fps can be varied and the sound stays the same, GC/Wii games are made to run at a fixed FPS on a console with fixed hardware. If your computer doesn't have the CPU speed to keep the emulated game running at fullspeed, the audio and framerate will both slow down. Dolphin works by emulating the CPU and GPU threads on two of your computer's CPU cores. The GPU thread then sends data to the computer GPU for rendering and upscaling. The faster those two CPU cores are, the faster the emulated threads are. So the slower your CPU is, the slower Dolphin is.
Hooray, no one has any real help. It's always "ur computr's too slow, durrrrr" or giving me some How It's Made explanation of "ur computr's too slow, durrrrr". If I wanted to hear the same thing over and over again, I'd watch the debates on TV.
Okay, there's definitely some kind of correlation between the sound and graphics because I accidentally did something in the settings that made the graphics run like they're on steroids and the audio play normally...
Pages: 1 2 3 4