Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I'm kinda new here so I hope this is where I should be putting this. Anyways, the game is running smoothly until I go to the fortune teller underground in the RoguePort place. Then it crashes right as soon as she is about to show me where to go. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Right click on game in Dolphin>Info tab>Compute md5 checksum>post here
Thanks for the help pal!

db9a997a617ee03bbc32336d6945ec02
Well, that hash means that your game image isn't corrupted or anything like that, so the problem is with Dolphin or your computer.

Just out of curiosity, can you reproduce this crash every time? If so, does Dolphin still crash if you disable Dual Core mode? The wiki page doesn't mention problems of this sort, but I'm wondering if Dual Core mode might be tripping (just a hunch).
(02-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that hash means that your game image isn't corrupted or anything like that, so the problem is with Dolphin or your computer.

Just out of curiosity, can you reproduce this crash every time? If so, does Dolphin still crash if you disable Dual Core mode? The wiki page doesn't mention problems of this sort, but I'm wondering if Dual Core mode might be tripping (just a hunch).

Yeah I can reproduce it every time. Just tried disabling dual core and still happened.
Just to make sure, try disabling "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" and "Disable Bounding Box" options in Graphics Config. Those options are enforced in the Game INI but they'll be reset if you open Graphics Config while the game is running...
(02-04-2016, 01:16 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure, try disabling "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" and "Disable Bounding Box" options in Graphics Config. Those options are enforced in the Game INI but they'll be reset if you open Graphics Config while the game is running...

Just tried it, still crashes same spot. Thanks anyways
Try another video backend (e.g. if you're on OpenGL try Direct3D and vice-versa)...
Might be an actual bug in Dolphin? Look up "bisect testing" and try to see if older revisions work but not newer ones. You might then be able find the exact revision that the game breaks on.
BTW, could you share your Memory Card or save file? I also own this game and would like to test this, it's the first time I see somebody reporting a crash in that specific part of the game...
Pages: 1 2