Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 60 FPS master list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Either Gecko or Action Replay will work just fine but Action Replay is easier to add new codes for.
The Gecko page stupidly lacks the feature to add codes directly which sucks.
Somehow adding Action Replay codes for Brawl (Wii game) still works even with extra-high address locations.

It'd be nice to have that kind of feature to make the game run half as fast at double the refresh rate to sustain the 60fps.
Finding the pacing codes would be the essential fix for 60fps on both Ishiiruka and Master.
OK. Thanks for your answer. It sounds like something that would have more of a chance to be implemented in Ishiiruka than in the main build.
I thought of how it could be done!

Since these codes make it double speed,its simple what we must do for perfect 60fps,draw everything twice as often to make the game run at a much smoother "half speed" and apply the audio changes so it stays at normal audio pace like it already is on its own instead of having issues.
Results would be like a high speed camera's video playing real life footage at a slower pace but an ultra smooth framerate
The idea of this will likely take a performance hit and for example will make half speed still run at 30fps on the 30fps games regularly while full speed will render at a "faked" 60fps.
With both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker's codes,it will run the half speed 30fps at full pace 60fps instead and full speed would technically be 120fps but run too fast and only draw the 60 frames.

If you wanted to take it further,overclocking the run speed 200% or higher will allow 120fps speeds when using a value half of 000A4CB8 and one could draw four times as often for an ultra smooth framerate on their beast of a top-level Intel with GTX 1080 desktop.
Would like to ask about Pikmin 60fps, the Patch as noted by users breaks certain stuff, like Cutscenes and hence the first seedling from spawning.
Is there a better patch or something?

I don't care if it's GC och Wii version, i prefer the GC though.

Wii has the same issue however, even though it's a separate Hack (i just increase the Video Rate).

It would be nice if one could just force the game to run at 30fps during cutscenes, but i doubt there is a way to do that with codes.
How does one make these Codes?
I doubt i have the skills to do so, but it would be neat to at least know where to start, as i got time to waste anyhow.

Cause if possible i would like to try to make the game run 30 during cutscenes, if it's possible to actively patch during certain events.
Though i think i read that that isn't possible.

But another trick might be to maybe slow the animation timer by half if there is such a thing.
(10-05-2016, 04:49 AM)retroben Wrote: [ -> ]I thought of how it could be done!

Since these codes make it double speed,its simple what we must do for perfect 60fps,draw everything twice as often to make the game run at a much smoother "half speed" and apply the audio changes so it stays at normal audio pace like it already is on its own instead of having issues.
Results would be like a high speed camera's video playing real life footage at a slower pace but an ultra smooth framerate
The idea of this will likely take a performance hit and for example will make half speed still run at 30fps on the 30fps games regularly while full speed will render at a "faked" 60fps.
With both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker's codes,it will run the half speed 30fps at full pace 60fps instead and full speed would technically be 120fps but run too fast and only draw the 60 frames.

If you wanted to take it further,overclocking the run speed 200% or higher will allow 120fps speeds when using a value half of 000A4CB8 and one could draw four times as often for an ultra smooth framerate on their beast of a top-level Intel with GTX 1080 desktop.
(09-19-2016, 05:13 AM)retroben Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-
Sadly,ASM codes can't be changed in realtime effectively unless using the incredibly slow Interpreter.
-snip-
Just savestate and then load it. It always updates it when you do that (i would press Shift+F4 followed by F4, for example)

An alternative way would be to modify the ASM using Gecko codes, which is 99% of the time effective as soon as you enable the cheat and hit "Apply" in the Cheat Manager.
You'd have to make sure the cheat manager window is closed (otherwise it will undo all changes in the game's INI every time its window is in focus), open the game's INI, paste the Gecko code in there, and save it, in there because there is still no button in the cheat manager  to add a new Gecko code.
(09-19-2016, 05:13 AM)retroben Wrote: [ -> ]Wind Waker:
044C8D44 000A4CB8

Twilight Princess:
04502630 000A4CB8
Sorry if I missed something obvious, but is this for the Gamecube TP only or can it be used for the Wii version(s, since there's a 1.0 and a 1.02) too?
Does the 60fps Gecko code in Super Mario Sunshine's wiki page work correctly for everybody else?
In my system, the image freezes after a while and the music continues to run. This does not happen with the cold patch code, combined with double video rate hack so I'm using that for now but I'm curious if the Gecko code issue is a general one or if it just affects me.
(09-19-2016, 05:13 AM)retroben Wrote: [ -> ]Not properly working ones because the lack of a double speed audio option or half rate video/slowed pace code.

In cooperation of myself and darkludx,we ended up with double pace 60fps with the frame factor value actually being 01,thus real 60fps at doubled pace,I came up with the value (half of 00149970) from TP's bootup and idle time video after waiting at the title screen,I found the code for TP shortly after darkludx found the Wind Waker address.

Too fast,but still looks incredible,especially on TP.

Wind Waker:
044C8D44 000A4CB8

Twilight Princess:
04502630 000A4CB8

All these need is the addresses that handle pacing speed to make it run at half pace or new Ishiiruka settings for the too fast 60fps results that lack said addresses.
Sadly,ASM codes can't be changed in realtime effectively unless using the incredibly slow Interpreter.

If a developer will do it,please add RAM cache page refreshing upon changing ASM values so it can be closer to how the actual system/s and Pure Interpreter work without any performance impact,it would technically have more accuracy from this being added since ASM changes would then have the desired realtime changing effect the same way as actual system/s and Pure Interpreter all do it.
Specifically,Mupen64Plus AE has this command added and more cheats manipulating ASM data in realtime work perfectly afterward with no impact on performance.

I say system/s because of Gamecube then Wii and all of its VC platforms too.
Is the original Gamecube still the GCN emulation method,or was it switched to the original Wii's hardware version of it when Wii emulation was implemented?

Ah, I see. So are these the first working 60 FPS patch codes for WW and TP? I just tried them in Ishiiruka dolphin but they don't seem to work. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15