Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Starting Is Hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Couldn't possibly have given a more dumb title to this, sorry about that.

Anyway, I've been reading about Dolphin for a few hours now, trying to get it to setup, etc. All to no avail, nothing seems to work.
So as per the stickied topics;
My system setup:
Windows Vista 64bit OS
AMD Phenom, 9750 Quad-core Processor 2.40GHz
8.00GB of RAM

Problem
I just can't seem to get this thing to work. It's been quite some time since I've used Dolphin, last I used it, it didn't require all this manual setup, haha.
So I followed everything here http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/WindowsBuild and everything went ok, except
Code:
6. Select Release and x64 if on a 64-bit platform, and right click on "Solution 'Dolphin'" and choose Build Solution.
This doesn't work. I can Release Win32, but I cannot Release 64x.
When releasing Win32, 11 files fail. When releasing x64, 0 fail, but all 31 are skipped.
So regardless of which one I choose, its not following through properly.

To be honest, I don't even know where to start. I was really hoping someone would be able to guide me through this, or point me to a page that explains how to do it.
If I somehow missed a sticky that explains this, my apologies.
What compiler are you using?
Have you correctly set up the folders for the DirectX SDK includes, libs and bins?
Have you tried my guide?
(09-04-2009, 04:25 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]What compiler are you using?
Have you correctly set up the folders for the DirectX SDK includes, libs and bins?
Have you tried my guide?

Thanks for the prompt reply. For a smart person, this makes me feel like an idiot. In all truth, I've have basically no understanding of what the first two statements mean.

However I've loaded your guide and will try it after SDK + .NET ISO file have finished downloading.
Try "Rebuild Solution" , and check if you have everything installed (you wont be able to compile from r4052+ if you have Vc++ express )

EDIT: This was a slow "quick reply" xD
(09-04-2009, 04:35 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Try "Rebuild Solution" , and check if you have everything installed (you wont be able to compile from r4052+ if you have Vc++ express )

EDIT: This was a slow "quick reply" xD

Trying to rebuild the solution will continue to skip all 31 files.
I'm hoping CacoFFF's guide will be able to give me a larger grasp or understanding of what I'm doing, and the things people say. Case in point, I downloaded an SVN from the site, and I believe its 3972?
Really ? generally "rebuild solution" options makes everything compile again , even if you already compile it :/
(09-04-2009, 04:41 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Really ? generally "rebuild solution" options makes everything compile again , even if you already compile it :/
I was under the same impression, I've used Visual C++ before for hosting and specific game programming, and rebuilding usually fixed a bit, but its just not doing a thing this time.
What rev of dolphin are trying to compile?
(09-04-2009, 04:45 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]What rev of dolphin are trying to compile?
Bah. I'll need you to explain that a little further, I'm not familier with Dolphin anymore, or any of its acronyms or short forms, haha.
ok :/ . so.... when was the last time you downloaded the dolphin source code ?

And you used the command? -->

svn checkout http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only
Pages: 1 2 3