Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Starting Is Hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It took me days to figure some stuff out, so I made the guide.
If you still have doubts, feel free to ask.

Also, partial rebuilds are not working at the moment, only full rebuilds.
(09-04-2009, 04:53 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]ok :/ . so.... when was the last time you downloaded the dolphin source code ?

And you used the command? -->

svn checkout http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only

I actually just downloaded everything for Dolphin yesterday, so everything is new and awkwardly confusing for me.
I did perform the svn checkout command early on, nothing went wrong with it.

Quote:It took me days to figure some stuff out, so I made the guide.
If you still have doubts, feel free to ask.

Also, partial rebuilds are not working at the moment, only full rebuilds.
So technically speaking, how do I even know what build I'm using? This is confusing the hell out of me, haha.

It's quite wonderful sitting here confused about this, haha. Lets say either of you were setting it up, brand new, what would you do? As such, which files would you download, etc. Provided you had similar system specs to mine. Trying to help myself out a bit =P

cmccmc

well first off there have been many updates since yesterday so download it again
First, you need both Windows and DirectX SDK's.
For best results, make sure Windows SDK is installed AFTER the program you use to compile, but I guess you already have it running.

You have a 64bit OS, now we need to know what program are you using to compile (give me a full name, ex: Visual C++ 2008 express edition), this is necessary in order to avoid complications.
Also, check this page to see the latest revision number, that way you'll know what revision you will be going to use every time you update.
(09-04-2009, 05:13 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]First, you need both Windows and DirectX SDK's.
For best results, make sure Windows SDK is installed AFTER the program you use to compile, but I guess you already have it running.

You have a 64bit OS, now we need to know what program are you using to compile (give me a full name, ex: Visual C++ 2008 express edition), this is necessary in order to avoid complications.

The compilier is Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.
As for the Windows SDK, I believe I'll need to get it unless I already have it, but http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/WindowsBuild never mentioned it, so I never ended up downloading it. Do I need a specific Windows SDK?
Good, Visual C++ 2008 Express is a tough one, (almost) everything is explained in my guide.
I don't know Tongue , I don't need the Windows SDK to compile ( or I have it and I didn't notice that xD )

but really I can't tell you because I can't compile since two weeks ago ( Externals.sln ( thanks jpeterson57 Tongue ))
Windows SDK is mandatory in order to properly compile x64 revisions in VC++2008ex
lol , I only compile the x86 version Tongue
Well, your guide has me downloading the 1.3Gb file.. of whatever it is, so I'll post up what tragic problem I run into after I finish this time. Haha.
Pages: 1 2 3