Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recommended Dolphin settings for best experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My computer specs are the i5 4690k (not OCed), 8gb RAM, R9 280 Gaming. What settings should I input to Dolphin to get the best experience possible? Best experience means the best graphics with minimal lag. Thank you guys!
You could try with 6xIR (modifying the INI file of D3D11 on Dolphin Emulator/Config and setting EFBScale to number 9). And optionally use AF to its maximun since it doesn´t impact performance.
(01-24-2015, 12:21 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You could try with 6xIR (modifying the INI file of D3D11 on Dolphin Emulator/Config and setting EFBScale to number 9). And optionally use AF to its maximun since it doesn´t impact performance.

So I should be using the Direct3d backend then? I had it on OpenGL. I also had 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, no vsync, and with the default Enhancements (probably why graphics are not as good as they should be).
I am a bit of a noob with this emulator.
For some reason, most AMD GPUs run faster with D3D than OGL. Of course, this isn´t true in some specific titles.
(01-24-2015, 12:36 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, most AMD GPUs run faster with D3D than OGL. Of course, this isn´t true in some specific titles.

Okay sounds good. I'll change the backend to D3D. What about other graphical settings. I'll attach some images of what I currently have them at so you can see what would be best. [attachment=12826][attachment=12827][attachment=12828][attachment=12829]
Unless the Internal Resolution is showing auto because you have it set to the custom 6x IR, don't use auto IR. Use the numbers.
(01-24-2015, 12:55 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the Internal Resolution is showing auto because you have it set to the custom 6x IR, don't use auto IR. Use the numbers.
Should I make the IR 4x or custom 6x like djbarry said? What about AA and AF?
6x IR reduces the need for AA. As DJBarry said, "optionally use AF to its maximun since it doesn´t impact performance". I would also use the 6x custom IR if I were in your position, simply because your system has the power to do it Tongue
(01-24-2015, 01:41 PM)shreduhsoreus Wrote: [ -> ]6x IR reduces the need for AA. As DJBarry said, "optionally use AF to its maximun since it doesn´t impact performance". I would also use the 6x custom IR if I were in your position, simply because your system has the power to do it Tongue

Okay cool thanks. I will try that out then. I don't really know what my new PC is truly capable of I guess. My friend helped me build it about a week ago. The parts were pricy though... Another random question. What do you do when the games start to play too fast? Like it feels like the gamespeed is at 2x which ruins games for me.
What's your frame limit set at? It's under configurations.

Also, that PC is a beast. OC that CPU and it will blow you away.

Wait...I always do this. I see 280 and my brain ignores everything but the 9 and the 80 and makes me think GTX 980 haha. It's still a pretty good PC though.
Pages: 1 2 3