Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL or Direct3D9/11?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What API has more performance and less chance of crashing? So far I've had D3D9 and D3D11 both crashing on me 15-20 minutes ingame.
Use the latest development version and OpenGL
(07-13-2014, 02:21 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest development version and OpenGL

Um, is it possible that Xaudio2 causes crashes on Windows 8.1? I'm using OpenGL in combination with Xaudio2 and it just keeps crashing.
I've heard of it but couldn't reproduce it myself.
(07-13-2014, 02:53 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard of it but couldn't reproduce it myself.

Well darn. Wat else could be causing this frequent crashes? I can complete ONE full cup in Mario Kart Wii, and then when I start another cup it crashes on the second map. I just want to play
EFB2Ram on D3D9/11 will crash Mario Kart Wii. OGL will not crash on it.
(07-13-2014, 02:58 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]EFB2Ram on D3D9/11 will crash Mario Kart Wii. OGL will not crash on it.

Hmmph. My video backend is set to OpenGL, and my EFB is indeed set to RAM. I still think it has something to do with Xaudio2, though. I've been having crashes on more games, such as Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and on Mario Kart Double Dash. I'm on Dolphin 3.5, FYI. Any other suggestions to prevent random crashes?
Updating to newer builds.
(07-13-2014, 03:11 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Updating to newer builds.

Yeah, I tried Dolphin 4.0.2. Not a developer build, though. It told me that my GPU has MSAA enabled (which it has not) and that it is too old to even run Dolphin at all. Can you believe that?
Do not force any type of AA in the NVIDIA control panel. Revert the settings in there and use the latest development version.
Pages: 1 2