Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F Zero GX runs like trash :p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just download Dolphin 4.0 trying out some games and no matter what settings I put the video on F Zero GX run like trash, is there anything I can do to make it run better?

Also I know this thread is supposed to be in the gamecube section but I can't post there for some reason?
Fill out your profile information properly
(07-06-2014, 07:18 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Fill out your profile information properly

what ?

What OS are you using and what processor model? Also, why are you using the x86 version of Dolphin?
Troll account.
(07-06-2014, 08:37 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]...

What OS are you using and what processor model? Also, why are you using the x86 version of Dolphin?

LOL woops, ok no everything is normal, It's definitely not a hardware issue (inb4 it actually is) , as I can run other games at 60fps fine, i've looked up videos on youtube and most of them average a pretty bad fps as well.
Simply because you can run some games at 60 FPS in no way means you can run any other game at that speed. Games in Dolphin have different demands on the hardware. Somee need beastly hardware, others will run in your kitchen toaster. F-Zero is a fairly demanding game, so any slowdowns are likely because of your hardware.

Try the latest development build (4.0-2XXX not 4.0.2) The stable builds are older and actually slower. If that still doesn't help, post your PC specs.
(07-07-2014, 12:02 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Simply because you can run some games at 60 FPS in no way means you can run any other game at that speed. Games in Dolphin have different demands on the hardware. Somee need beastly hardware, others will run in your kitchen toaster. F-Zero is a fairly demanding game, so any slowdowns are likely because of your hardware.

Try the latest development build (4.0-2XXX not 4.0.2) The stable builds are older and actually slower. If that still doesn't help, post your PC specs.

i7 3930k , 16 gb ram, gtx 680 4gb, like I said It runs at the same framerate at 640x480 resolution with no other graphic settings turned on as it does at 1920x1080 with a shit ton of aa and as liek pls
Not seeing a change in FPS when changing graphical settings like Internal Resolution and AA means that you're not stressing your GPU to it's limits. A large part of Dolphin's performance falls on your CPU. If you're running at stock clocks, you will need to overclock for this game.
When are you running into these problems? As long as I check "Skip EFB Access to CPU", I never run into slowdown with F-Zero GX.
Pages: 1 2 3