Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My current CPU specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm new to this forums and I'm sorry to create another one of this threads. I was wondering if my current specs are decent to play super smash bros brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New super mario bros wii, Mario kart wii, super paper mario, and Donkey Kong returns.

My specs are
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz /1066 MHz) 2 x 4 MB L2 cache
Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB GDDR5 / 2048 MB, 64 bit GDDR5 5000 MHz (effective) 40 GB/s Memory Bandwidth
4GB of ram

Also to be more specific I'm asking this because I'm about to order this graphics cards. I wanted a more powerful one, but my power supply only supports up to 350 watts. I don't want to buy another power supply, because I plan to make me a new build next year, since this one is a little outdated. Also getting 40 to 50 FP in this games would be fine. I also checked the GPU thread to see were this graphics card stands, but I see that their is no info on it.

Thanks and sorry for the post.
Your CPU is fairly old, that's going to be your main problem. I've seen Core2duos/quads overclocked to 3.8GHz before, and to really get playable speeds on a lot of games, you're going to want to overclock it pretty far.
(06-22-2014, 02:56 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is fairly old, that's going to be your main problem. I've seen Core2duos/quads overclocked to 3.8GHz before, and to really get playable speeds on a lot of games, you're going to want to overclock it pretty far.

How many Frames per second do you think I could get in some of this games, without over-clocking the cpu.
Those games will be unplayable with your PC if you don't overclock your CPU . You may have a chance with NSMB and Paper Mario though
Audio stuttering will occur if game is not run at full speed
Audio doesn't stutter in the latest development builds, it just slows down, but that can be equally annoying if you have noticeably low speeds.
Audio still stutters on non-OpenAL backends. If it doesn't, that's because you have the framelimiter set to some low amount and thus you get the hilariously-awful pitch-shifting (and it *still* stutters if your framerate's lower than the framelimiter).
I don't know what you're talking about. I just tried SSBM at 50 FPS (using an NTSC-U version) on ALSA. No stuttering, just slow audio (with pitch shifting, but the announcer is laughably deep-voiced now).
Some audio backends do still stutter in latest master.
Well, not ALSA. Go blame your XAudio2 or DSound or whatever :p
XAudio2's supposedly not supposed to, and no sane person would use DSound.
Pages: 1 2