Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: lag with i5 4670k in SMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I recently upgraded my MB and CPU to Z87-G45 and i5 4670k but im still getting heaps of lag in SMG and other games.

The i5 isn't OC'd yet, does it need to be to achieve 60FPS without drops?

I'm using the latest build of dolphin as well
I have the same hardware. I'm overclocked to 4.3ghz. I can run full 60 fps with HLE @ 4x IR and 16x AF. However, if I want the level music to work (which I prefer), I enable LLE and have to turn the settings down to like 3x IR and 4x AF to not drop frames.
Yeh I was using HLE which caused it to lag a fair bit. You pretty much have the same setup as me except your GPU is better, I've got a 660.

what frame limit settings do you have? is it set to auto or audio? or something else?
Using LLE is GPU intensive for whatever reasons. I'd say a GTX275 is too old. You could however get something like a GTX760 or R9 270x and that will suit your needs.
I dont have a GTX275 anymore, I have a gtx660 OC. Forgot to update my profile
Well I just OC'd the i5 to 4.4 and im still getting lag with only 2.5 IR no AA and 1 AF.

Dont know what I'm doing wrong?
That's odd. I own the same processor and can run it flawless on 4.4Ghz with LLE. Are you sure it's not overheating or something?
(01-21-2014, 11:02 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]That's odd. I own the same processor and can run it flawless on 4.4Ghz with LLE. Are you sure it's not overheating or something?

Its currently sitting at around 60c, would it be the dolphin revision im using? I know 4.0xxx is alot slower than older releases due to better emulation
60°C during normal use or while playing with Dolphin?
(01-21-2014, 06:59 PM)Suprvgeta Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same hardware. I'm overclocked to 4.3ghz. I can run full 60 fps with HLE @ 4x IR and 16x AF. However, if I want the level music to work (which I prefer), I enable LLE and have to turn the settings down to like 3x IR and 4x AF to not drop frames.

AF doesn´t impact performance at all, so why you put that down?
Pages: 1 2 3 4