Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Portal Of Power isn't detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows\inf and search (using the search box in the top right hand corner) for "spyro". Wait for the search result to come up and edit the file. In my system, the file is oem208.inf. The filename might be different on your system

[Image: MpBOYlum.png]

In the file, change the DeviceName and VendorName lines to:

Code:
; Copyright (c) 2010-2012 libusbx (GNU LGPL)
[Strings]
DeviceName = "Spyro Portal"
VendorName = "RedOctane"

Leave the rest of the file unchanged. Then unplug and replug in the portal from the USB port. Now try Dolphin 4.0 or newer again.
When I write "Spyro" in C:\Windows\inf , I find nothing. :'(

I've a system files name : spyro_porta and in this files,there are :

; Spyro_Porta.inf
; Copyright © 2010-2012 libusbx (GNU LGPL)
[Strings]
DeviceName = "Spyro Porta"
VendorName = "RedOctane"
SourceName = "Spyro Porta Install Disk"
DeviceID = "VID_1430&PID_0150"
DeviceGUID = "{0D1CE3BF-D753-4496-BB55-5E74EAF34EDD}"

This files is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\spyro_porta.inf_amd64_neutral_29bd483e6bcd28d8
After typing spyro into search, you have a wait a long time for the search to find the file. The filename will be in this format oemXXX.inf

When you find it, change "Spyro Porta" to "Spyro Portal"

Then pull out the Spyro Portal USB receiver and put it back in. Then start Dolphin.
I wrote Spyro and I waited but nothing is found.
But I've the files I tell you before in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\spyro_porta.inf_amd64_neutral_29b​d483e6bcd28d8
The file in DriverStore is not the correct file to edit.

In C:\Windows\inf, open all of the oemXXX.inf files until you find the one for Spyro Porta and change the contents to Spyro Portal.
I've 3 files with the Spyro Porta : oem24,25 and 26
Edit them all and then pull out the usb dongle and plug it back in before starting Dolphin 4.0 again.
When I want to edit, i've a message said : access denied
Run notepad with administrative privileges...
I can't,there's not the "open in administrator" :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6